GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Following David's thread showing his Purple monster and the Chrome Dome (as it has been officially named now.......), here's a few more of the Chrome by itself.

Cheers

Joe

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have to say I think it looks brilliant!

I've often wondered why chrome is not a standard body colour?

Is it at risk of dazzling other drivers on a bright sunny day?

Not sure about placement of the front numberplate though, I do think it looks better in the original position.

Still prefer black though ;)

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
No I mean why chromeisn't a standard dealership colour

1) price
2) i doubt many would choose it

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Bling Bling !!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
i saw this is canary wharf on monday on my way to work.. what a beast !

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Peronally i think it would look far better on a brighter day or the pics dont give it justice.

Also you've gone all out on the body and left the standard alloys which i think personally ruin the look.

But to be honest though, i dont think the nissan GTR will ever look good chromed its just not the right shape.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I wasn't expecting to like it, but trust me, it is stunning in the metal.

I coined the Chrome Dome nickname and the car reminded me of the original Cylon Centurions in Battlestar Galactica with the mix of chrome and black detailing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Peronally i think it would look far better on a brighter day or the pics dont give it justice.

Also you've gone all out on the body and left the standard alloys which i think personally ruin the look.

But to be honest though, i dont think the nissan GTR will ever look good chromed its just not the right shape.
Personally I think it looks great. As for the shape the lines flow and fluency of the design lends itself to this.
Each to their own !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts