GTR Forum banner

Chrome Wheels????

• Yes Love em they look the Dogs Doo Dahs!

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • There OK but not sure if ide have em!

Votes: 21 16.8%
  • WHAT!!!! ARE U SERIOUS????

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Dont think so. Full Stop

Votes: 56 44.8%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously thinking about getting some what do you think of me know then????;)

Si

·
Registered
425 Posts
Si :rolleyes:

IMHO I think that on the right car they can look good but can seriously spoil the look of a car if it doesn't suit it. You have to take extra special care of them aswell, not really everyday wheels, just for shows, etc. If you can remember what mine look like round the rim then you'll know what I'm on about.

You've got some ideas of designs I take it, why not post up some piccies:D

Mike

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
I love'm a little chrome detailing (very little, not too much) and then the car stands out, my car can take it, though I have none, but it takes a good deal of skill and judgement not to make the car look like a trinket for a cheap jewellery stall.

I'll get me coat.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
On some cars they look awesome (in that new Nelly music video - the one with the fit lass from Destiny's Child ! there is a Merc with HUGE chrome wheels - and it looks stunning), on other cars they look terrible.

Would need to see what wheels you were thinking of before i can vote.....

Daz

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
A Very American Look

but not my cup of tea at all. Have you thought about black rims if you are looking for something different?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Si .. I've voted in the "Are you serious" catagory...

Dont do it dude, chrome wheels are a no no unless you drive a PT Cruiser...

How about some Slot Mags? Or some neat white Weller 8-Spokes?! :D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm sure chrome 3 spokes would look a treat :D:rolleyes:

Isn't your car red? If so I'd go for something anthracite - would set it off a treat...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Chromers

Tracey's Colt Evo runs 17x7 Team Dynamics Monza Chrome, and it looks awesome. But I would hesitate before putting them on a car that isn't black or a very dark blue.

If you want something special, either take a look at Arelli, or track down the UK distributors of a company called BRAID, who make custom alloys to order.

You can run chromes, but you need to be seriously carefull about the type of wheel for your car. Which is difficult as you can't really pop down to the dealer and try a few sets on.

Does anybody near you have HyperRev magazine? Issue 57 is the Skyline R33 GT-R issue, and they show several sets of wheels on a Nismo R33 for comparison.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've split the difference, but you'll all just have to wait and see, might take a few weeks yet, but when its done I will have a unique car........stay tuned...;) ;) :eek:

Si

PS BIG THANKS TO THE INTEREST IT WAS INTERESTING TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAD TO THINK ON THE AMERICAN STYLEY....

·
Registered
865 Posts
The team dynamics chrome look isnt a true chrome finish as such, looks nice and shiny but isn't chrome, if it was 18's priced for 1.1k would be a bargin.

Si, chrome is really only a show thing as the width of tyre the skyline uses it won't be long before they stone chip and then start to flake or weather quickly. As said sure ppl with a split rim and diamond cut finish etc can vouch that they look nice for a short time, unless u use the car twice a year they get haggered quickly!

Think wisly before spending the cash, get some mag alloys or carbon jobs mate! Nice and light!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Si, will they be fitted before the next Derby meet? I'd like to see what you've gone for.:p

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hee Hee!!!

Your just gonna have to wait and see, bit of a big job like but i think it may be worth it!!! Hopefully I will have it finished for the meet on the 20th, but you wont be there will you kempy???? Didnt think u were going.....

Si

·
Registered
425 Posts
Si, we're gonna try to get there, as I said in the other thread we are going away for the night but we will try to get back (Can't pass up Sunday pub lunch now, can I:D, especially if I get Sue to drive)

PS. Not the Skyline though;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
no no no

the best place to but chrome wheel is in the barthroom in replace off a mirror or in the skip ..
yhey are so horrible only yanks like them on there big bouncing cadilacs

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Chrome...

reminds me of Americans driving some sort of Lexus (aka Toyota; just a little more expensive ;) ). Many of them have these chrome wheels; too flashy/too MaxPower for me :( but then again you can't argue about taste can you :smokin: so get them if you want them and to heck :cool: with people who don't like 'em (like me :smokin: ).

·
Registered
466 Posts
hmmm

Drax,

i think the black crome looks good on some cars and would have them on my BM if i didn't have 20" alpinas.

But wouldn't put em on the skyline?

d

there again have the people here wouldn't put white oz on a blue 34 :)

be yourself!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts