GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After seeing the racing 32's in that vid, nobody can tell me the 32 isnt the best looking Skyline ever built :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
doesnt matter, he said it was a tool. confirming that the R32 is best ;)

them racing ones look so nice. really wide and low.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I am a great fan of the 32 in racing style, i think they look much better without the front grill, just like in the vid. but then again i love em all, and i want one of each:bowdown1: :popcorn: :smokin:

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
There is more to that video where you see it parked. It's been posted many times. It's a Vspec II.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Incidentally, he goes on to say that "On the engineering front it's the dog's part, but as a piece of design it's a dog's dinner."

·
Registered
40 Posts
Didn't he have a 800+bhp skyline on his Full Throtle vid he brought out in 99/2000? and he drove TVR and Vicky drove the Skyline which was black(?) and he made the statement that the Skyline was built in a garden shed or something?

I've slept since, a lot, so I might have this wrong.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Incidentally, he goes on to say that "On the engineering front it's the dog's part, but as a piece of design it's a dog's dinner."
And that it's one of the nastiest cars he has ever sat in. Seats made of pure vulgarlore or some other hilarious statement :)

The car was a V-Spec II as moleman says, when Clarkson is parking it in one of those crazy lift car parks, you can clearly see it on the back, unless someone has put the sticker on afterwards, but that still confirms it's 94 onwards as do the racing 32s.

Anyway, I believe I was one of the miscreants who posted this before..
Full video: Jeremy Clarksons MotorWorld - Japan

·
Registered
379 Posts
Remember watching that program when I was 17. Got me hooked. Wonder what I'd be driving now if I'd missed it :chuckle:

Did anyone look at the Z tune video also on the original link :bowdown1:

I must stop looking at this kind of thing it costs me a fortune!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
and he drove TVR and Vicky drove the Skyline which was black(?) and he made the statement that the Skyline was built in a garden shed or something?

I've slept since, a lot, so I might have this wrong.
It was a Gunmetal Grey R32, put together by a guy called Nick Paddy. It was then sold to a guy who wrote for Evo magazine, the car got nicked though I believe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its not 1990.

You see at the beginning of the video theres the that Mark 4 supra there (The dark grey one). so it cant be that early. 1995 seems like a more realistic year.

Ill soon be getting and R32 GTR and i cant wait.

Ren

1 - 17 of 17 Posts