GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched Clarksons new video it had the yellow Juns gtr33 on it what a car. He rated it the fastest car in Britan. I wish I only Had £50k to buy it... Should have no trouble to sellit now:D Should have my new baby soon going to look at SteveC GTR33 on Sunday:D :smokin: :D

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Wow!

That car does look pretty amazing in motion. They filmed it at Crail and Jeremy looks genuinely scared most of the time (mind you he had just stuffed Dave Jones' RS 200 a few minutes earlier!).

Off the line it seems to get rampant wheelspin from all four wheels, then as soon as it's on boost again, same again in 2nd etc.

Oh and before anyone starts having a go at Jeremy again for the stats he quotes about the car, they are all the official figures as supplied by JUN (some via Mario and others on this site) and relayed to him by me to his mobile on the day of filming!

IMHO this is not one of his best videos, but the JUN Super Lemon does make it worth seeing (and it's bound to be in the bargain bin soon!)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi David
has that car recently been sold to a new owner?

wouldnt mind getting it to next year's to ten of the best event?

i emailed you off list BTW, did you get my mail?
rgds
chris mann

·
Registered
994 Posts
What are the figures quoted?

Can someone post the figures.
I`m somewhat confused as to why they didn`t give the times that they were achieving on the day???
David Yu says he was relaying the figures from Mario via the JUN AUTO Garage.
Seems a bit strange,thats all. "A`La Carte" results from halfway around the World?

Henry.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
COOL

It may be but it is not the official JUN drag car, that ones SLOW !!!
Gary
GT-ART OFFICIALLY JAPANISE:D

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
If I'm not mistaken that car was built for the Tokyo Auto Salon so its more of a demo car than a balls out drag car. Has it ever been on the drag strip here in Japan?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
AFAIK, the JUN Super Lemon RII never recorded any impressive quarter mile times. It was purpose built for 0-300km/h.

Based on an Option magazine article I had about the car, JUN had a few problems with traction and the clutch at the time of running. Consequently, its 0-300km/h time of 21.91 seconds wasn't as impressive as some of the other tuners' similar cars.

Cya O!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts