GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been reading up on oil filters and to what micron filteration they are capable of and was hopeing for some further insight from anyone in the know.

Have pm'ed the 'oilman' so waiting for him to reply or chime in.

I have been wanting to fit a reuseable/cleanable billet oil filter for my r34 gtr with specs as follows:

to4z turbo
650-700bhp
tomei high flow oil pump
accusump 6pint

Do you think these type of filters would be advisable, they seem to have good results in race/road application, but the only reviews l can find are in the states.

Tried to search for this type of oil filter being used on JDM cars, but no luck as of yet.

Would you only recommend a filter with a certian micron filtration for my application, if so, are these reusable fiters up to the job.

One particular company l found when googleing the subject was Pure Power Oil Filters High Performance Motor Oil ;

and also CM Filter, Home Page.

Please advise/voice your opinion/recommendation as to the steps l should take.

I want the best for my choice of weapon (r34gtr) and will not compromise on which products l will use on/in her.

many thanks,

Naz.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Personally, I'd use a normal Nissan oil filter and change it at every oil change- which I'm guessing will be a max of 3k for your car, probably less.

It's what I do on mine although it's not pushing anywhere near the power yours will be.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I've read somewhere that there a "sleeves" for sale for the oilfilter that are made from electromagnets and help filtering the metal particals out off the oil ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts