GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a few parts inc the gearbox, plenum etc have developed white oxidisation. One way is to use a soft brush, but any chemicals that would do the job and leave a clean surface?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nothing available to the general public, no.

Even chemmy etch would leave an uneven finish because the corrosion will act as a barrier.

The best way is mechanical removal. Personally I'd use an alu oxide blast.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That'll do it. Phosphoric or hydrochloric acid is what we use to chemmy etch at work.

I don't know for sure but I would assume that it's a diluted version of what we use, so might need some serious soak time to etch anything. Try it on a small patch first if you go down this route.

I'd still want to blast it personally.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is more so for the gearbox not keen on blasting the casing with all the gears still in place, just want to clean it ie apply and wash off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is interesting. I have a nismo intercooler, and i would like to clean it back to try and make it look a bit tidier. However i have idea what to use, and further more dont want to damage the fins. Any ideas?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quite a few parts inc the gearbox, plenum etc have developed white oxidisation. One way is to use a soft brush, but any chemicals that would do the job and leave a clean surface?

your girls panties before you wash them after she done with her period .trust me best thing for bringing alu up to its shine .my girl knows that every month she has to take them off and use them on my engine & make it shine .they have to be redder than red for the sparkle .

·
Registered
947 Posts
your girls panties before you wash them after she done with her period .trust me best thing for bringing alu up to its shine .my girl knows that every month she has to take them off and use them on my engine & make it shine .they have to be redder than red for the sparkle .
that make no sense :puke::puke::puke::puke:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts