GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i thought i would tackle my headlights,which are starting to go cloudy,so i get all the right sandpaper (wet and dry) 800-1500-2000-3000 done it all properly and took my time,only to find after I've polished them they are still a bit cloudy,i know its not the front of the lens,its bloody inside,so I'm not tackling them today,but i know its a nightmare to split these lamps,so I'm not a happy bunny,
3 hours later,I'm very frustrated.

simon

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys but I've already done that,and I've used my das 6 pro,but its still left a haze which I'm sure is in the headlight itself,which is a real pain as i will have to split the lamp,not the best job especially if the mastic is solid,
oh the reason it took me three hours, is i had to go and buy a more aggressive paper,as originally i only had 2000-3000 paper so i went and bought 800-1500

simon

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so if i split the lamp, i should be able to do the same procedure as i did on the outside of the lens,and get a good result,has anybody else had this problem where the haze is on the inside of the lens,as well as the outside.

simon

·
Registered
491 Posts
R34 headlights cheap?

LOL

If that's the case, go ahead then. Offer a set for little money to the man above and help him solve his issue.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I did split mine to make a custom conversion (projectors with HID) and indeed, is a nightmare, time consuming if you are doing with caution. Grab a heatgun and that would do the trick, that's how I did it. Then you must get rid off that foamish sealer and seal it again.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah zenki33 i know its not a straight forward job,I'm more afraid of cracking the plastic,trying to separate it from the lamp,i will defo use a heat gun,and probably tackle it later on when the weather gets better ,its not a major priority at the moment,especially as my car gets its nismo twin plate fitted next week,i am going to be spending a good bit of money on the car in 2016,because as we know they love money being spent on them,just like my wife:chuckle:

simon

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rxxxiv hows your rb30 going mate,i remember when you collected it from richard,also have you got any pics of your interior,as thats one of the things i plan on doing next year,and if my memory serves me right you have a leather interior.

simon

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i know mook it can go horribly wrong,but I've done a few headlights now so I'm quite experienced,i normally start off with 800 as this rips of a lot of the haze straight away,then go on to 1500 then 2000 and even 3000 then use farcela g3 cutting compund,and then a good polish with the da,that scratch will come out quite easily but you will have to go to a low number wet and dry to start with.
and work your way up.
simon

·
Registered
24,953 Posts
R34 headlights cheap?

LOL

If that's the case, go ahead then. Offer a set for little money to the man above and help him solve his issue.
ive actually asked what headlights it was

happy to help out, but cant help if dont get a reply

for GTT they are cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts