GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these aren't everyone's cup of tea and can give the boy racer look (that so many of US hate, but having fitted some this year, I have to confess to quite liking their daytime look.

I haven't been able to get any decent night time photos, but the look is probably half lost in the dark as it's the clear surround that makes the car look just a little fresh/modern compared to normal.

I bought them from a guy in New Zealand who is now using my example photos I sent him in his advert (hence the link, rather than hosting my own - it's not an advertising link!!!:eek: :eek: :chuckle: ).

See eBay.co.uk: Chrome LED tail lights for NISSAN SKYLINE R33 93-98 NEW (item 230070585939 end time 05-Jan-07 05:38:04 GMT) for photos.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I don't like the way that they look with the red reflector in the centre. There were some on ebay (conventional bulb arrangement - Not LED) that had a clear reflector in and looked loads better IMO. Had a quick scrat around on eGay, but can't find them on there at the moment.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You know those might look cool on the right car....if you spray tint them black or smoke... but the car has to be set up right to do it...

·
6,821 Posts
I think on a GTS would be ok, but only if the entire bulb is clear . . . the red dot looks cheap:p

it's not supposed to be the japanese flag

·
Registered
170 Posts
I dont think i will be getting some. I really think the red dot in the middle makes them look odd. If they were all clear they would look a lot better.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i think they just stand out a little too much against black, they would probably look a bit more subtle on a white GTR??

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts

If you count up the LED's in those lights, there is 11 per unit - 44 LED's in total? Or are there more for the side lights? (still, a really low number)

I'm not a fan of the very limited number of LED's forming the rings, but each to their own.

I'd personally replace the reflectors for clear ones too as the red looks too much of a contrast in my opinion...

How much are they, just out of interest?

·
Registered
82 Posts
i looked at buying these but i,like many others,didnt like the red dot,i do though really like the crystal indicators and centre panel and if i could just buy those i would.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Not liking the red dots in the middle!!

But LED's do look good especially on white skylines :-

:p ;) :clap:

·
Registered
161 Posts

Eh. Perhaps if you want to qualify for membership in the Tacky Car Association or the front page of max power.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts