GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sounds like cv joint, or drive shaft possible ...

only when the car is turning right and moving.

doesnt make any sound when stationary.

will be booking into garage this week,

is this common? anyone had similar ?45k miles.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
All explained in the link but, it won't be long until the right wheel clicks when turning left, that's how it works, very very common.

If you don't have much time, sometimes just losening and retorquing the wheel nuts will shut it up for months, yet other times even greasing will only shut it up for a week.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Only downer with the grease is that it goes all over the damnd Wheels and even disc....

Had a new tyre fitted at ATS and they asked what all the grease was and when I explained why it was there the manager said they would never do it...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
took wheel off,
put back on,
tightened all nuts.

problem gone!

cheapest fix ever. cant beleiv it?

the noise sounded awful would have never have thaught would be the nuts :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check your sway bar links... my left one is doing the same thing I just have to order the part

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
sounds like cv joint, or drive shaft possible ...

doesnt make any sound when stationary.

will be booking into garage this week,

is this common? anyone had similar ?45k miles.
Hello, I’ve had the same on my 67 plate GTR.
When I first heard it was heavy clicking.
its from the build up of brake dust which gets into the callipers and discs.

ive taken mine to the Nissan dealer where I bought my car a few times and they said that they took off all the wheels and blasted the discs with air hose to clear the dust which did the job.

They also suggested to use a high pressure washer to try and clean them.
its a very annoying sound and you get a few strange look from people when you are turning left or right and not a sound you would expect to hear from a £86k car.

The GTR mechanic said it’s normal for the car to do this however I had a friend who had the same one as me and never heard any creaking (I guess he could not have been driving it as fast a me, drive it like you stole it)

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Had this problem. Just removed front wheels, coated mating surfaces with copaslip, and re fitted. Torqued to 145 NM. Noise now gone. Gave me a chance to use my new Reverse logic jacking blocks and low profile jack too!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts