GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed a clicking sound when turning the steering either left or right. Did some research and apparently this is normal under normal wheel nut torque. Put my mind at ease a little and also found out about another quirkiness of the GTR

Anyone else notice this sound? Also have a "coin jingling" sound sometime which I believe are the calipers?

Clicking sound from front-right axel - Transmission & Drivetrain - GT-R Life

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I have given up with the sounds that come from the GTR... unless there is smoking and a serve lose of power, I dont pay attention anymore

Did have the torque issue, but Sly sorted it

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I had this for the first time after Castle Combe last Saturday.
Seems it may have got a bit hot and affected the lube on it.

Popped into Sly earlier in the week and he soon had it sorted.
Wheel off, disc/caliper off. Lube on, disc/calliper on, lube on again, wheel back on and job done.
Silent now. :)

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Anyone notice a small soft bleep electronic type sound at 40mph on occassions? Just normal driving. (No wot). Seems to be from the steering wheel scuttle area..

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Anyone notice a small soft bleep electronic type sound at 40mph on occassions? Just normal driving. (No wot). Seems to be from the steering wheel scuttle area..
No :runaway: but this thread is going to make me paranoid!!

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I have had this noise from my wheels, its going in to my local HPC this weekend for the 4th time in 12 months. Also doing steering lock at same time.
Clocking noise is really annoying me now, especially as it only takes a few hundred miles for it to return.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Not sure if it's the same but I had a random beep before my Nav unit was replaced. Another symptom was the repeated disconnection of my iPod. Apparently there were 2 faults stored in the ECU relating to the Nav unit. All good now since it was replaced last year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I've noticed a clicking sound when turning the steering either left or right. Did some research and apparently this is normal under normal wheel nut torque. Put my mind at ease a little and also found out about another quirkiness of the GTR

Anyone else notice this sound? Also have a "coin jingling" sound sometime which I believe are the calipers?

Clicking sound from front-right axel - Transmission & Drivetrain - GT-R Life
Hey there,

I had this creaking sound when turning left or right and have been told via the GTR mechanic that it’s brake dust getting caught in discs or callipers and they just used their air hose to blow through them all, job done.

I think I’ve had this done twice now and no charge.
I think the6 said they would have to charge me next time but surely this would be covered by warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Hey there,

I had this creaking sound when turning left or right and have been told via the GTR mechanic that it’s brake dust getting caught in discs or callipers and they just used their air hose to blow through them all, job done.

I think I’ve had this done twice now and no charge.
I think the6 said they would have to charge me next time but surely this would be covered by warranty.
This is a known issue, due to the wheel hub surface and disc bell. Link here to fix

1 - 10 of 10 Posts