GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, I have a clifford concept 300 alarm and its stopped beeping!
it used to beep when people were too close and when locking/unlocking the car, but its just stopped.
can anyone suggest what it could be or how to fix it?
Ive spoken to a clifford dealer and its £50 to get it looked at, and more after - but obviously dont want to pay out incase its something simple!
I have a manual but cant make head or tail of it!
i'm a girl, so please have sympathy!! lol!
thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maybe uve put the alarm on silence or valet mode! do the headlights still flash when you press the lock button?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply.

I dont think my headlights have ever flashed when locking/unlocking.
If thats the case that i amy have switched them off, would you have any idea how to switch it back on??

·
Registered
160 Posts
theres a way to do it with your remote. to be honest your headlights or your indicators should flash when you arm the car, its worrying that they aint!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
does it still flash when u press the button. if it does then u have put it on vallet mode. i think u press the clifford button twice n then the arm button. thats how i did it on my old car. give it a try

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, but I have 4 buttons. a star, lock, unlock, headlight button (dont use) and boot open (dont use)
so what buttons do ya reckon?

I'm not as dumb as I sound but I really dont have a clue about alarms etc!

The alarm came with the car! lol!

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
You ought to have a second keyfob thingy, with more buttons on.

If you had inadvertantly put it in valet mode, this would be disabled the next time you started the car up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
the star is lock. do you have the big button that has CLIFFORD written on it? i think thats the new alarms!!!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have a mate who fits Cliffords il ask him later on and let you know how to fix it.
As it happend to my GTiR years back and he sorted it.
Let you know tonite

Tony

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
My clifford is often silent, in fact it only seems to make any noise when you want to work on or clean the car, most of the time its quiet and I have no idea why. The immobiliser still works and the indicators still flash, I just wonder if this is a similar problem.

·
Registered
160 Posts
oh rite. well the way u put in valet mode is the way u put it in normal mode. i think. giv it a try

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the replys!!

the only beeping I get is if the door is left open or something.

I mean it still locks and everything, just i thought it might be something simple - cause I cant be spending money uneccesarily.

thanks again!

·
Registered
160 Posts
my alarm usually beeped wen arming and disarming. not sure about the other model cliffys

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Sounds like you have just silenced it to me. If it's in Valet mode then the alarm wont arm/disarm will it ? Been a while since I had a clifford, had nothing but problems with them.

Does panic mode still work ? Try holding down the arm button....does the alarm go off ?

The guy that installed my alarm said it's actually illegal in Europe to have arm/disarm chirps on an alarm system now ! Something to do with noise levels late at night, some EEC regulation etc etc....he said most places just ignore this but that it is strictly illegal.

Dont know if I believe that....but that's what I was told.....

·
Registered
160 Posts
yeah its prob silenced as i said, cliffords are problems, i say stick to toad alarms!

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Do cliffords still have the rocker switch to put them into valet mode ? If so check that out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts