GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help me out with this one as I cannot drive my car!

As short as I can make it…

Clifford concept 600 was installed in Skyline before I bought her almost 2 years ago. All went well with it and I bought the cliffnet s/w and cable to change some of the alarm settings. Anyway, changed some of the siren sounds, keyfob key assignments (eg headlights, chirps – small things). Turned off the car key before turning off the software, Duh!!

But all should be allright… right? Man wasn’t I wrong!

The alarm turned back on auto-arming and blackjax etc.. and… this is the beauty…. Somehow f*&ked with my valet code!:mad: The alarm won’t accept my valet code… end result being my first drive after this saw me stranded ~1/2 mile from my house with the alarm screaming… Had to call a couple of mates to help me push her back (man the R34 is heavy on an upwards gradient!) with the alarm screaming the whole way. She is now totally immobilised, sitting on my drive and won’t take my valet code… I am 100% that I did not change the code before I’m asked.

My question…. Can the valet code be re-programmed or what are my options? I’m sure I cannot do it without it first accepting what it believes is the correct code… which it shaggin changed.

Any help/advice would be great; I can’t leave it sitting there.

Thanks for all help in advance.

Lar. (sorry for the long post)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, I contacted a clifford agent here in Ireland (~6 hrs away from me) and basically I have to remove the alarm "brain" and send it to them who will then send it to Directed Electronics in the UK. I was thinking this would be the only option but was hoping that someone who may have had a similar issue could tell me if a clifford agent could reset the valet code and not need to return the unit to clifford HQ. Would have saved me a few weeks being off the road but it's looking that way now.

Thanks,
Lar

·
Registered
467 Posts
The only way you can change the valet code is by knowing the original one!!. If it has been changed and you don`t know what to then it is a return to Clifford i`m afraid, there is no short-cut that they give us to get round the problem.

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
The only thing you can do is try to disconnect the battery for a hour or so then try again (if you haven't already).

If it was a G5 it would have remembered the first laptop plugged into it so you wouldn't have needed a valet code :(

Are you 100% you have the right default code (got to ask!)? There are ways of finding it out by looking at the serial number of the brain.

I guess it is under lifetime guarantee anyway so I would send it back if you have the time to leave your car sitting around !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah... For various reasons I've had to change the code 3 times since I bought the car, I tried those three codes, the original factory-set code, and the default "2" that they are all originally made with... no luck. I disconnected the battery overnight also with no luck. Whats bugging me is that I used my code successfully in the cliffnet s/w with no probs. I turn off the key while software was running and it screws with the valet code, etc. I know I didn't change the valet code. My concern is if I hook up the cliffnet the same thing will happen and I'll be immobile again... Actually, correction, my main concern is that the car will run when I get the "brain" back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To follow up, and in case it happens anyone else; I got the clifford brain back re-programmed by Clifford, plugged it in and works sweet. Between posting it to Northern Sounds in Donegal, them sending it to the UK, UK back to them and then back to me... all in less than 10 days and practically for nothing. Highly recommend "Northern Sounds" in Donegal, great to deal with even late on a Saturday night when the original problem occurred. Big Thumbs up!

Cheers too for all help here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i know you have now had the alarm fixed but take it from someone who knows about the concept 600 alarm now that it is working get it out and sell it the reason i say this is because i had one fitted to my old pug 206 and that alarm is the reason why i now drive a skyline. mine started doing what yours did and after about a year of this it killed my car to the bonus it wiped out my ecu beyond all repair hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts