GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have got a problem with my g5.

Basically the doors wont lock/unlock anymore with the key fob when activating/deactivating the alarm.

Doors both open and lock with key and also from inside. Is there some sort of relay added when the alarm was installed that could be flubbered? any help would be appreciated b4 i go to an alarm shop.

Car already had alarm installed before i bought it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Had the same problem mine blew the fuse .The fuse is located on the power in to the alarm mines was in the right hand side of the drivers footwell hope this helps .if not battery in the key fob or a bust alarm

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Normally with R32's they need to fit units fitted so the doors can central lock.

R32's have what is known as electronic locking which 'IS NOT' central locking, similar principle but different. So to cause the doors to lock & unlock via the alarm they need to fit additional units in the door(s).

Check the fuses but might be worth seeing your local Clifford installer to check incase one of these door units is knackered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey you need to take the door card off and check the motor make sure there is a good connection bettween the motor and the door mechanisiam
if its ok check to see if you can see any relays near the alarm they should be 2 five pin change over relays and make sure they are wired up right
if you need any more help ask

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys. Issue is now sorted.

I took the driver side door card off and found the relay motor. Ordered a new one from spal and pleased to report problem solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts