GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until last year I was reputed to be the owner of the last R32 (GTR) in the northern hemisphere with a clock which works!

You've already guessed, it's now also dead.

Question is. Where can I get one?

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Charles, mine has never worked. I have been after one for ages. Abbey have loads......that don't work:D
My mate has just started a business selling jap parts, new and secondhand. He says that the clock will be no problem. Will keep you posted. Also he is trying for "cheap" clear indicators for the R32.
Dave

·
Registered
268 Posts
charlieskywizmwarr

Mine was £210 + £100 for a PROPER MPH/Miles odomiter conversion by the guys who middlehurst get to do their speedo's! :)

£310 :( but it's needed.

Chris

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Thread hijack!!!

Indicators.
I dug the old thread out (£220 per pair LOL)
Scott, you are 1st on the list!
They found some with clear plastic, orange reflector and orange side bit for indicator for £80 ish but I said all clear lens! So having another try. Will post up pic when happy and fitted on my car.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Dave,
You will have to check they are GT-R indicators.
Some R32 GTS's had clear lenses, but were for the narrower front wings and go quite alot cheaper than the GT-R's.
Mind you they may work, I don't know of anyone who has tried them.

·
Registered
916 Posts
There is a way to make the clock work, for around 10 minutes!! Take the battery off the car, for a few hours. When re-connected mine works for about 10 minutes!!! Dont ask me why!!!???!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Clock Repair

Hello everybody with GTR clock problems.. (mee too..)

I have found a link to a technical forum that might be of use.. Not 100% sure though..

I was suggested by my friends in the Swedish Nissan Z-club that the clock might be identical in R32:s as in the Z32:s (ZX300TT). If this is so, than the repair instructions on the link http://www.twinturbo.net/ttnettech/clock/clock.html can be used by GTR-owners as well.. Good thing.

I will visit my electronics component supplier immediately to buy the necessary parts and begin my repair attempts..

Cheers
Lars

·
Registered
916 Posts
It's not the same!!

Just got the clock out of my GTR, and unfortunately it's not the same as the one shown in the link, as fitted to a 300ZX.

The one saving grace is that I can take it to work and give it to an electronics guy, and keep trying it in the car without actually having to remove the dash panels to replace it!!

I'll keep you posted with my findings.:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts