GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 33 V-Spec. When I purchased it I was somewhat confused as to why there was no "A-Lsd" light in the Tacho. Queried this on the forum some time ago. Now resolved in-- that it is an "English" car...bonus! But when originally sold to a London Nissan dealer by Andy Middlehurst...car was stolen...then recovered minus part of dash + seats!!! Dash and seats replaced...then sold by the London Nissan dealership to my Vendor.
Only problem being that the London Nissan dealer replaced the Dash Cluster with a GTR Cluster..i.e non V-Spec..hence no "A-Lsd" light.
Being a pain in the ar*e (it goes with my age) I really felt unfulfilled without my "A-Lsd" light. JasonP & RichJ to the rescue(Thanks to them both). I now own a Dash Cluster incorporating the "A-Lsd" light.
Now to the questions!!
If I fit the V-Spec cluster....its showing 51000 miles. My car has 15000 on the clock
Do I;
1 Try to adjust the mileage on the V-Spec unit..if so how?
2 Try to transfer the Tacho only from the V-Spec unit to my car? can this be done?
3 Get a life and not bother about an "A-Lsd" light.
Any help and assistance would be greatly appreciated...and just remember you will one day be as old and sad as me.
2nd oldest Git on the Forum

·
Registered
29 Posts
Swap the speedo head out of yours and into the new cluster, then install as per normal. Milage is the same, and you get the new A-LSD warning light too......... best of both worlds....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks nemesis

Thanks for the info Nemesis. Its just that I looked at the "donor" cluster...started taking it apart...and immediately thought "you are going to regret this if you go any further".
What actually holds the Speedo in to the cluster???
I can see how you take off "clear perspex" to get at speedo from the front....what next????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts