GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When on full lock(sharp turn)slowly i get a clunk sound is this normal?. I have a set of GTR alloys on my GTS-t R33 and wondered if this might be the reason or something more sinister!!!.

Paul. :(

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sound like a ball joint or even a CV joint to me, if it`s a clunk its more likely a ball joint, if it`s a tick it`s more likely a CV joint

Lee

·
Registered
197 Posts
...most likely the sound of rubber on arch liner....whip a wheel off, Paul, and check for rubbing...245s can snag the edge of the plastic liner and cause a knocking sound on full lock....
:)
...unlikely to be a front CV joint on a GTS... ;)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clunk

Cheers Jon, I hoped it would be that, hoping it wasn't the ball joints. Only happens on full lock and when only creeping.

Paul.

Any mods done recently jon?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clunk

Jon,
How about some pics of yours!. Not got round to taking any yet. On the way home yesterday morning some git in a post office wagon decided to pull out and forced me on to the kerb therefore kerbing one wheel bigtime, the git got away before i could stop and wring his neck!!!.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
clunk

Wayne, sure is, i am going in first thing this morning, knowing the usual muppets there they can't find a bloody parcel never mind find the driver!!!, will see what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts