GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm new to this site, so I'll say Hello to everyone..

I've just recently bought a Skyline GTS 25t 96.. and have had a
couple of problems, which I'm having problems resolving..

As this site probably contains a wealth of information on anything
remotely fast, could someone possibly help me..

1. I have a clunking sound when I either accelarate or take my
foot of the pedal.. I have recently had a service on the car, and was told it was likely to be the Diff.. which I had removed and checked - and funny enough it wasn't that.. obviously it abit of play somewhere but where?? it seems to be coming from the centre of the car.. I also feel it through the gear stick.. has anyone had similar problems??

2. I've had the car upto about 120mph and loose power, I get a red light on the dash showing a box shape thing with about 3 lines going through it.. All I can persume is its still restricted?? any others??

Any help would be gratefully received.. As I brought the car to drive and not sit in a garage its very frustrating..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Clunking could be engine/gearbox mounts, does the gearstick move when you lift off the accelerator? If it does I'd have these checked out.

A restricted car should hit its limiter at 112mph (180 kph).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simon

Yep I do get abit of play, you can feel it slightly moving forward or back, depending on whether slowing or accelarating.. I'll have these looked at next :)

Once I find out, I'll let you know...

Ta

Stuart

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Sounds gearbox related to me.

The light sounds like the CAT is getting hot.
try removing the sensor probe into the CAT, this is at an angle on one side of the cat and quite easy to spot if you can get under the car.

there is a bit of debate about if this a Llamda sensor or a temperature probe for the CAT.

I put a de cat pipe on my GTR and have not seen the light since.
I did notice it before though even with the restrictor on if you reallty were giving it some through the gears.

just my .2bhp

/Steve

·
Registered
992 Posts
De-cat

I was told by the guys downunder that as long as the sensor is touching the De-cat pipe then it will still register. So not to worry there. It can be stuck on!!, tacked on, or screwed on(not recommended).

PaulP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts