GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that I have full workshop access including a four poster lift and the knowledge of four pro mechanics (none experienced with Skylines though), what kind of job is changing the clutch?
Anyone know of a 'how to' anywhere?
My clutch is just starting to slip a bit when the boost comes in.:(

·
Registered
610 Posts
you would be better doing it on a 2 post lift imo :thumbsup:
don't think there is a how to but it isn't that hard if they are mechanics mate, me and my bro did mine and it is really easy imo.Worse bits are top bell housing bolts but can be got to with about 3 foot of extensions,the top starter bolt but easy if you have a set of flexi head ratchet spanners, refiting the box is awkward if you have never done one and don't get this advise of turning the box about 20degrees to get it high enough to refit or it hits the drive tunnel and just doesn't seem to fit lol.
I have done mine twice so if you have difficulties your welcome to pm me any questions if you want.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I did mine and it needs hands made of rubber to get to the top starter bolt!
You need about 4 feet of extension bars to get to the top bellhousing bolts also.
Take your time to align the clutch also if not you will be just hauling the box down again to re align it!
If you need any help give me a shout.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Glad you got it sorted Ian.

Seems like you didn't have much hassle. How did you line up the clutch in the end? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have had a nightmare doing my clutch Virdee!
The gearbox is currently sat beside my car until i can sell the R34 clutch I have to buy the correct R33 one which i need!
I managed to line up the clutch when i fitted it by just doing it by eye, tried using a alignment tool and found it to be a waste of time.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for all the replies and offers of help. I'll see how we get on when I do it. I'm waiting until I've been to Abbey before I do anything (so long as it lasts ok) to see if they reckon the car needs anything else as well.
It only slips a bit if I push it hard at the moment. Have to take it steady for a while I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts