GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a getrag but the previous person left the std looking clutch cover stuck to the release bearing. As I move the fork the cover does move along the shaft but cannot seem to remove it even pulling hard on it did not work.

Is there a trick to remove the clutch cover?? :confused:

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's in the shed the guy I got if off must have put the cover on and snapped it back into the release bearing

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I have no experience with r34 bits but does the bearing not release the same as the r33 pull one? You squeeze the release clip under the bearing the pull it off.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same bearing setup as the R33. But if the cover is still attached how would you get to the clip? no gaps to put your hand through.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I think there is some confusion here.
FRRACER, you just want to remove the bearing from the cover. Is that correct? The cover is no longer fixed to the flywheel?

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cover is not connected to the flywheel how ever the cover is stuck in the gearbox on the input shaft. It slides along the shaft so I guess it is still connected to the bearing.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The pivot pin that the clutch fork is on needs removing. There is a small clip under the pin that stops it shaking out. Pull that clip out, slide the pin out and the fork will come free of the bell housing. The bearing can then be slid off the fork.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts