GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
What clutch do you suggest for my newly acquired GTR w/ around 600 hp? Currently it has this rock like twin plate racing clutch... it's very good but, its kinda tiring when driving in traffic situations.. :p I want something that is a bit friendly w/ my feet and hands during changing gears, but would still retain the car's track time.

A friend suggests exedy carbon type... so please help me guys.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Im going to sound like a broken record here but the Nismo Twin plate coppermix (uprated model.... 740 ps i think its rated at) with the Nismo slave.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Sounds like you have a HKS clutch

OS Giken nice but noisy

Twin plate Nismo = all the noise of stock (ok, small rattle) but smooth as you like

NISMO all the way. Need to budget for the slave also as a standard slave doesn't extend enough.... Or is it too much?? Can't remember, use search

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nismo actually specifically says not to use a nismo slave cylinder with the twin coppermix. The nismo slave is bogger in diameter and therefore has less travel so it might not disengage the clutch completely.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
NISMO all the way. Need to budget for the slave also as a standard slave doesn't extend enough.... Or is it too much?? Can't remember, use search
As mentioned above, the factory slave should be used.
The Nismo slave should only be used for metal disc clutches.

·
Registered
59 Posts
im currently gettin an ATS Carbonetic twin plate fitted at the mo..
drove both metal twin plate (dont know what brand it was though) and carbon (ATS) and the carbon has a much smoother bite..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
i have the os giken in my 33 and its not bad at all, a little noisey but fine on the road and good for 600bhp+

1 - 12 of 12 Posts