GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my r33 gtr has just developed judder when pulling away but only when turning and sometimes reverse.There is also 'sqeaky' noise when it happens, but this does'nt happen all the time .Believe std clutch which has covered 45k miles and it has been running 380-400 hp all of this time so im thinking this could be problem.
Car booked in for more power 450 maybe 500+ (depends on turbos!) so what would you recommend keeping nice drive i.e similar to std clutch??
cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
My first thoughts would be hotspots in your flywheel, caused by overheating the clutch at some point. sounds like its done its fair share of work and on its way out. twin plate clutches are generally softer on pedal pressure, nicer to drive than a single plate with the same rating, such as a puk style.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
If it is only when turning, it sounds to me like your rear diff needs a oilchange.

If it is also in straight driving, there can be oil on the clutchdisc.

Asim

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clutch judder

Thanks for the replies, but just had full service including rear diff oils, but spoke to my tuner today who also suspects flywheel?. If it is will have replaced with lightweight one and uprated clutch!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Thanks for the replies, but just had full service including rear diff oils, but spoke to my tuner today who also suspects flywheel?. If it is will have replaced with lightweight one and uprated clutch!
Did he put a slipadditive in the oil for the rear diff?
If not that could be the problem.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
does the torque gauge move when it's happening? what about under hard acceleration? could be the transfer box clutch pack... mine juddered under hard acceleration...but I notice that the torque gauge moves sometimes when turning... just a thought..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts