GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed over the last week or so that the clutch pedal on my R33 has developed a rather annoying squeak when depressed or released ! It hasn't affected the car in any other way, and the fluid reservoir for the clutch under the bonnett is full.

I haven't had a chance to investigate it any further and I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem, and how they made the thing shut up ! as it is quite loud from outside the car and rather embarrassing when getting ready for the traffic light grand prix !!!! ;)

Any suggestions anyone ? :confused:

Cheers

Shaun.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
clutch squeak

Try a few drops of oil on the moving part of the pedel linkage. I had exactly the same problem on an old Alfa Romeo and it cured itt....for a while!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts

Shaun,
Hi there mate. I have also had this, especially when driving in wet conditions for a few days.

Now I know yours is a GT-S, but the clutch linkage will be related.

What you have to do is get it on ramps or a jack, and on the driverside of the gearbox there is an arm going into the gearbox that rocks and actuates the clutch. What you have to do is pull off the gaiter so you can see inside and then with a long screw driver grease tha contact area of the lever inside.
DON'T get it everywhere or your clutch will slip like a dog.

Should quieten it and also make the action lighter and smoother.

Let us know how you got on.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clutch Pedal Squeak !

Thanks for your advice Dino & Scott, I will give both of your suggestions a try when I get a chance this weekend and let you know how I get on !

Regards

Shaun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts