GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a year and a half ago, my clutch hose started to leak. So I went ahead and did up my clutch system - clutch master cylinder, clutch slave, Nismo braided hose. My clutch pedal worked fine of course, but it now had a bit of sag - maybe 1.5~2" of travel before the pedal started working the hydraulic fluid. Removed the whole clutch servo booster. No joy, still the same.

Since it wasn't any big deal, I'd just left it for some time, but recently, as I had some leftover Castrol SRF, I had the clutch system flushed and bled. It's slightly better but STILL no joy.

The clutch master cylinder I got was used - could that be the issue? is there some kind of zenki/kouki thing with R32 brake cylinders? Or just some misadjustment in the master?

I've ruled out clutch fork or pivot, as those are both just a couple years old, and the pedal sag wasn't there before the leakage started.

I do want to sort this out because A: I'm a complete perfectionist with my car and B: with the reduced pedal range it's a little bit harder to be smooth with my Nismo Coppermix twin - if I'm not 100% accurate recently I've found myself to be jolting the drivetrain on clutch engagement.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sonuva...it's that easy. That's the damned problem with Korean shops - they can do insanely precision work like balance an engine to within hairs...yet forget to do simple shit like adjust that rod.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
means I hadn't thought of that! will take a look at it this afternoon - is there a turnbuckle somewhere? I assume I have to look in the footwell?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
stick your head in the foot well and look up at the rear of the clutch pedal. There is a rod between the clutch pedal and the master cylinder. Slacken the nut off (10mm i think) and then grab the shaft of the rod with long nose pliers and give it a few turns. Count the turns so you can put it back to how it is if it dont work.

Im talking about 34 gtr but would guess 32 is the same setup.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after replacing hundreds of dollars of parts - it's that easy. Funny how things work out :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts