GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should my clutch servo have a one way valve (check valve) because i cant see one but according to the service manual it shoud have inbetween the u shape rubber pipe and the servo itself, i have a really loud air leak noise coming from my pedals especially in higher gears with engine under load, if i gently touch the clutch pedal it stops, my clutch is also slipping in 4th and 5th but its fine when accelerating in lower gears, instead of the check valve i just have a 45 degree connector (covered in electrical tape) any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T.F.S. said:
yes i have one there

there is most likely a pic on my rebuild thread

top of page under "projects"
www.skylineowners.com
wow that is one very detailed thread, ive just been and got another servo off skyline city (what a stunner she is) and it came with the check valve on the tubing, so would there be a reason for this valve not being fitted on my car ? does it actually do anything important ?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
well i guess it stops boost being pushed into the servo eh so id say its quite important!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol.. i guess ive done a 150 mile round trip and paid £50 for a servo i didnt even need then, il try just fitting the check valve and see how that goes, thanks for your help T.F.S.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Taking the fact you had to get the part off yourself into consideration Darren, You had a pretty crap day! LOL..Looking on the bright side I now know how to dismantle a servo now.

Hope you're sorted now.
Sam

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Skyline city said:
Taking the fact you had to get the part off yourself into consideration Darren, You had a pretty crap day! LOL..Looking on the bright side I now know how to dismantle a servo now.

Hope you're sorted now.
Sam
lol, certainly not a bad day, its not every day i get to meet pretty girls that know lots about skylines, and my car is fixed now too, also thanks for doing me the servo and cylinder for £40, it was much appreciated, il sell them on as i wont be needing them now and if i get more than me £40 back il split the difference with u. thanks again sam (oh yes i also smashed the screen on me 1 day old xda exec while removing the servo whilst it was in me pocket, just as well tomtom has sound too LOL) (luckily u get 14 days to decide if u want to take insurance out on it)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e362/daz2206/P1010046.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts