GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be I am being paranoid?

But recently, my car is making me feel that the clutch is starting to slip? Rolling around in 3rd or 4th gear, and then WOT - it feels like the take off is ever so slightly delayed? Do the clutches start slipping on GTR's? Or do they just go 'pop' when they have had enough?

Funny enough, I had never noticed this when on COBB! It has only started since my changeover to ECUTEK?

The car drives absolutely fine otherwise - and like I said, I could just be paranoid!

Anyone else had this issue or similar?

Thanks

Rocky

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the EcuTek lead but no software or anything on my laptop just as yet.

How do I do a clutch re-learn?

Also my gearbox feels a touch clunkier than usual at the moment. Will the relearn help this aswell???

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
No reason the ecutek would cause it when the cobb didn't but you could be running more torque which pushed the clutch over the edge.

How many miles has the car done and at what torque level?

Mine has sat at over 700lbft on the stock clutch without issue so it's unlikely.

Also they tend to slip (and smell) they don't "go" suddenly.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Your first port of call is definitely a clutch relearn. if you have the cable and license key then you just need the software which you can download Ecutek

EcuTek - Downloads

Then download and run the Ecutek App Downloader

Rich

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have the EcuTek lead but no software or anything on my laptop just as yet.

How do I do a clutch re-learn?

Also my gearbox feels a touch clunkier than usual at the moment. Will the relearn help this aswell???
A while back i had a similar issue but on first gear only.. Clutch felt like it was slipping and gearbox also sounded more clunky then usual..

Clutch re-learn sorted it for me :)

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
the traction control slightly kicking in to maintain grip? what tyres are you on?

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Clutch re-learn

might have to increase the clutch capacity up a notch

·
Registered
203 Posts
Clutch re-learn

might have to increase the clutch capacity up a notch
I have the same thing,

Searched clutch slip and found this thread , as whats what it feels like,

I'll do a re-learn soon and adjust the bite points maybe

for the bite points it's meant to JUST creep forward on a flat surface isnt it?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I sold my gtr a while ago but i think its the gearbox...

Every since i had my gearbox 'fixed' it did that once a week. Almost as of the gear change wasnt quiet ready then the car electronics pull a bit of power until full engaged.

My only justifaction why i think its the gear box is because it never happened until i had to fix my box.

Could be something to do with torque / TC if ur running the non nissan reconmended tyres.

Try a gearbox oil change on ur next service

·
Registered
203 Posts
^ maybe they didnt go a very good on 'fix'ing your gearbox? sounds they messed something up, if it didnt do it before? or they didnt do a gear learn afterwards

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
^ maybe they didnt go a very good on 'fix'ing your gearbox? sounds they messed something up, if it didnt do it before? or they didnt do a gear learn afterwards
Seriously??? How on earth could someone mechanically fixing a gearbox, by accident or even intentionally, orchestrate a clutch to slip once a week?

If there is a problem, it's going to be in the electronics/actuators/software.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seriously??? How on earth could someone mechanically fixing a gearbox, by accident or even intentionally, orchestrate a clutch to slip once a week?

My thoughts exactly Adam.

I was fairly certain that this problem on my car became apparent after switching to Ecutek from COBB??? It could be sweet f*^k to do with this though - but I only noticed it on Ecutek.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Is there a step by step thread anywhere that tells you how to do a re-learn? I've got a cable and uploaded the sortware just need to do the re- learn now but could do with some guidance. Could probley ring Ian but don't want to waste his time. Cheers

·
Registered
203 Posts

By not putting something back right?

this is my box down putting the piston clips on, just thinking what if they were not fitted right / put back together correctly. All I meant.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Is there a step by step thread anywhere that tells you how to do a re-learn? I've got a cable and uploaded the sortware just need to do the re- learn now but could do with some guidance. Could probley ring Ian but don't want to waste his time. Cheers
I would also like to know this as per the ecutek screen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts