GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you guys out there that have experienced there clutches slipping explain exactely what I am to look mout fof please.

I have an OS Geiken twin plate which came already on the car but of late I have experienced what I think is the clutch slipping , the car is up to around 390 BHP max. For example if im at the lights/junction in 1st gear it sort of misses the biting point and sounds like its slipping. It doesn't do it in any other gear change.

Suggestions/explanations please.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Ian,

I think you'd feel it in second as well unless it's only just started going. Try a full blooded drag start, this'll pin it down for definite. If it is going, better to find out sooner rather than get stuck somewhere.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dam! ......more ££

How much are they to replace?

I'd like to go with the same or an AP or Nismo.

What sort or work goes in to replacing a clutch? (all I can think of is having the engine dropped out of my old 911 to get at the gear box ..ching, ching £££££££££££££££ labour).

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
It's a fairly easy job to do, so I'm told. My local Nissan garage put my AP clutch in for £180+ Vat. As you're going hyper space next year, this won't do you as it's 'only' rated to 369 ftlb.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi Ian,

It took my mate 2 hours to change the clutch in my car so it aint the end of the world. dunno about cost my nismo single plate paddle style plate cost £350(subject to the fingers on the backplate being ok) .

another way to deermine slip is to put the car into 5th gear at a very slow speed then put your foot down. but the drag start should tell you for sure, my advice is to do this either near where you are getting it fixed or close to home better near to both...
I toasted mine at kemble1 and then had a 3 hour drive home 0-100 if the road was flat took around 15 minutes !! embarrasing...

/Steve

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Clutch

Sorry to hear about your crutch......I mean your clutch slipping mate.....:(

I think there is a chappy from across the pond selling a Nismo clutch 'cheap'.
There is a thread somewhere about it........

See you on Saturday if your car can make it............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts