GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 32 GTR the other day which had a new clutch fitted in Japan as it went while en routen to the port.
While idling the clutch occasionally rattles and when you push it there is a metal on metal squeel with the bite being when the clutch is almost fully depressed. Does anyone have any idea as to whether it sounds like a twin or triple plate clutch? Im just starting to get used to it but its a little hairy in the traffic :p
Im just rather puzzled though as to why the garage in japan that supplied the car would go to the expense of fitting an uprated clutch when the car was already sold?
There is no slip at all and it selects gears perfectly and is also very tight for those thinking it might just still be shagged.

·
Registered
717 Posts
as to why they fitted the clutch it just sounds like good service on there part.

But it does sound like a twin or triple, is the car running big power to warrant a twin or tripple. Did the garage that did it advise in anyway what they fitted?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They didnt say what was fitted. My importers agent just asked them to sort it as we had already paid for a working car. The car has reasonalbe mods with N1 turbo's, uprated front mount, boost controller (which i think was set at 1.2 bar before i messed about with it and turned it down to 0.7) and the other usual mods and the ecu having a sticker of well known garage on it (cant remember name as a mate had a look and told me)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts