GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My clutch is soon going to give up the chase with handling the power and torque.

I believe the has an organic AP plate ,with a Nismo clutch cover which is OK but stinks like hell when 'abused ' a little or a semi standing start .

I think I'm going to need a twin plate with as lightened wheel ,but something that is very easy to live with and not a 'left foot killer '.You see the wife loves to drive it too .....Mind you it might be an idea to put a heavy quad plate in there then to stop her usin........;)

Does anyone have any experience about the Nismo twin or the OS Geikin and the price of them for I think one of these two will fit my requirements ? Any suggestions would be most appreciated .

What are the 450 ponies + all using ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Twin plate

Paul,

Now that I've had the "wee HKS mod" to my twin-plate its very light. Not a left foot killer at all. You should have a drive of my car so you can compare and contrast as you drove it before the mod when it was a "left foot killer". Believe me its not the same car:) . On top of that, my wife drives my car all the time and she has no problems at all with the clutch.

HTH,

Stu

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Paul, Stu;

Right that's it, I'm convinced. Does anyone know where I can buy a clutch kit that needs two feet to press the pedal? That'll keep Claire from "borrowing" the car.:)

John

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
OS Geiken twin.

Paul you can have a go of mine when shes been transformed from Flintstones car back fire breathing status.

It has an OS Geiken twin plate in there.

..Ian

·
Registered
520 Posts
Clutch

Hi

Whilst on the subject of clutches does anyone have any experience with the Nismo twin plate clutch ?

DCD - Mines carbon would be cool but what do they retail for in Japan ?

Thanks

Peter

P

·
0 Posts
nismo clutches are made by exedy.

interesting note, when i was in japan recently most of the tuning shops in the kansai area recommended exedy multiplate clutches over the equivalent os giken and ogura clutches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts