GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys another question and hopefully a meaningful discussion.

As above.

After reading various threads it seems that people looking for a used GTR would generally prefer to buy standard and not modified.
I think I would also find myself in this group if I was in the market for a used car.

So bearing in mind the above what do people think in terms of value of their GTR's that have been COBB'ed on the used market aside from depreciation?
Will it be significantly lower or very little effect on used prices?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
cars worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

If someone wants a tuned verson will go for a tuned verson

if someone wants a stock car will buy a stock car

There are too many variables. condition of wheels, paint work, service history, mileage, whats been done to it.

After a few years / miles there is barely any difference when look at other car markets 350z, Evo etc...

There are also no prices differences between tuned and non tuned 35's in Japan.

You loose most the cars value just driving it out the show room

Yes some people when buying a 35 will have warranty in mind, then some others don't care less. There's no right answer

Most people are buying the 35 as its the best car on the planet, and will use it how they want to with intention of keeping for while. Worrying about what the next owners thinks should be second on your mind.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
IMHO this is an irrelevant area for most GTR sales due to low % of AP'd cars, and low levels of knowledge amongst GTR buyers.

Add into that the fact that once uninstalled, you'd need an HPC to interrogate the Flickr blackbox to find out whether a GTR has been Ap'd or not.

I tell you here and now I would be amazed if any HPCs will do that for an independant sale. They will be averse to getting involved in this way.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fair enough lads I am in agreement but what happens to the poor soul who buys a car of a dealer which has had AP installed and then uninstalled but requires drivetrain repair for whatever reason under remaining warranty?

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Fair enough lads I am in agreement but what happens to the poor soul who buys a car of a dealer which has had AP installed and then uninstalled but requires drivetrain repair for whatever reason under remaining warranty?
Very different scenario.

1. Buying off a dealer who, if they're worth their salt, should check these things.

2. Issue for owner will be with supplying dealer.

If you're wanting to buy a secondhand GTR under warranty, it's like most other cars. Buy from a dealer for added peace of mind.

Buying any car privately has it's issues, whatever the car.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
ap, y-pipe what ever would have to be proven to have directly caused issue, when so far its always been oem factory fault: oil supply in engine and solnoid in GR6.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I take it CC that if you ever sold your car you would sell privately:shy:

:thumbsup:

As an aside do you think that a dealer would check for this, say if you are going to part exchange a car?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just trying to convice myself to go for the AP already have y pipe as recommended by Ben, CC, David Yu amongst others

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx Ben

What you say makes sense just got to get my mind into gear and go for the ap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts