GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Nissan tell if the cobb box has been used? Has any got this as i quite fancy one. What were the gains?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Can see ecu re flashes and also view blackbox data so if you increase boost they can see it if if they want too when reviewing car for warranty work. Just an AP flash can see you up too 580ish bhp....then sky's the limits with other mods and more tuning via AP.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'm still in 50 minds about modifying. I keep coming back to the notion that it would ultimately ruin the drivability on the road. All the junk I put on my old GTO were not as advertised, and ruined it for daily use. Ho hum. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think the Cobb or the Ecutek is very well sorted on the GTR-35, ate least i hope so!!

There are a lot of guys on here that have them so someone is bound to keep you (and me) right !

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm still in 50 minds about modifying. I keep coming back to the notion that it would ultimately ruin the drivability on the road. All the junk I put on my old GTO were not as advertised, and ruined it for daily use. Ho hum. :)
A simple Y-pipe and Stage 1 remap, only makes it better no downside at all as far as i can see! Go for it , it took me a year to make the step and have never regretted it at all.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
IMO drivability wouldn't be effect at all until you go with much larger turbos. Here's an EcuTek map by ryan g, that torque must feel great on the road. Only mods were y-pipe and remap.

Anders

·
Registered
754 Posts
Agreed. For me it's a massive improvement over stock and with LC4 gearbox update and selectable maps you have more flexibility too.

IMO drivability wouldn't be effect at all until you go with much larger turbos. Here's an EcuTek map by ryan g, that torque must feel great on the road. Only mods were y-pipe and remap.

Anders

1 - 8 of 8 Posts