GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new (to me) GT-R. It's a 2010 stage 4.25 running on a cobb nis 06. It's great and I am very much loving it. It's my first GT-R so I am getting used to what noises, clunks and clicks are normal and also how the gearbox feels.

I notice a slight hesitation when opening it up. I think it's mostly noticeable when in auto (that's one indecisive box...) and I am unsure if that is normal for a GT-R, cobb tuning or a trait of the gearbox (think it has 2012 software). Or if it could be a car or mapping issue.

Would welcome your thoughts.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
First thing I'd recommend doing is getting it off COBB on to EcuTek RaceRom v4. Speak to either Litchfield or Ben Linney for mapping.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Just check the injectors, I've heard of this with ID injectors. But have a word with the person that mapped it.

Graham

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just check the injectors, I've heard of this with ID injectors. But have a word with the person that mapped it.

Graham
I have 1000 cc ID injectors as part of an ac speedtech upgrade. It will shortly be with Andy for a full service and check over andwill get him to check it out.

From what you have heard, is it a smoothness issue or could it damage the car?

Also, could this just be a gearbox nuance?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I think it's just the injectors, it was Andy that told me about it. He can map most of it out but a set of Asnu's will sort the problem, but best talking to Andy about this.

Graham

·
Registered
341 Posts
In auto, especially on the older gearbox firmware and when the transmission is not in race mode it does like to change up through the gears very early keeping the revs down. When you floor it it takes a few seconds for the gearbox to change down a couple of cogs. Is that the hesitation you're talking about?

99% of my driving is in manual mode. I know I must use more fuel like that but also know what gear I want the car in.

Andy knows his stuff and will let your know exactly what's going on with your car.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Transgress - Andy seems to know his stuff and he know's this car. I should mention that it's intermittant and I haven't driven it enough to be really sure what I am feeling - it all happens a little quickly :)

I have a sneaking suspician it doesn't do it in manual mode - which sugessts it might just be clunky gearbox. I will try it in manual and auto mode to see if it does it.

I am loving it in manual mode too - it sounds awesome.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have noticed something similar on my car... I've recently put it to stage 2 (I think - full exhaust, filters and a remap with a Cobb) and noticed that it seems like it bogs down sometimes (similar to turbo lag type hesitation) when applying the throttle... It was actually one of my passengers that noticed that the traction control light on the dash was coming on at the same time (admittedly my eyes are scanning the horizon as I prepare for warp speed at these particular times!). I've not tried the car in the different various modes to see if there is any difference but just learned not to treat the throttle like a switch and that seems to reduce it happening...playing about with the modes would likely help but to be honest I'm still a sap and the only R mode selection to date has been the suspension! :shy:

A stage 2 that supposedly only adds another 60bhp to a MY11 to make it 590bhp is a bit of an understatement as to how the car behaves now - dry roads, 3rd/4th gear overtakes/corner exits now has the car slipping and sliding (TC cuts in if it gets too much) has certainly heightened the experience....and is still completely enjoyable but god only knows what it is like at some of you guys level of tuning!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts