GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 2010 (485bhp) GT-R and I was thinking about a Cobb stage1 tune.
The supplier told me I get 550bhp after the tune.

• Now would you guys say it's good value for money?
  • What settings do they alter then?
  • Do I get a stock map then that everyone gets or is it better to have a mapper tune the car via remote?
  • Is it bad for a stock engine? I think that the GT-R stock engine could handle 600bhp? What about torque on the transmission?
  • My car is stock, can it remain that way like I don't need a Y-pipe?
  • What other benefits would I possibly get? Better throttle response?
Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Get the stage 1 upgrade from Litchfield it will be better power wise

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to hassle yearly with the technical inspection here since the Y-pipe is not allowed.
Don't want to remove it, fit stock, go to inspection, reinstall the y-pipe again and repeat that yearly.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Because very few countries need the Y pipe, the main cats are in the downpipes, the supplementary cat in the Y pipe was for a few strict emmisions countries like Switzerland and California, even Nissan UK will fit a Y pipe on a new car for you !!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think here in Belgium we need a stock exhaust for our technical inspection else we get a red card and must mount our original one in order to get a green card.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You could always gut the stock Y pipe. Not as good as an aftermarket one, but looks wise it will be perfect. And get some gains from it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Best stick to stage 1 then, as least you will be safe with that :)
Changing the Y pipe only takes 10 minutes though

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what 10 mins lol ow that changes things alot, so you don't need to remove the stuff in the front like the battery area like the cobb website says and undertray stuff?

·
Registered
337 Posts
For the Y pipe? No, it's six bolts, but accessed from under the car. No covers or anything to remove, really is simple. Just handy to have a ramp or put to get under it

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For the Y pipe? No, it's six bolts, but accessed from under the car. No covers or anything to remove, really is simple. Just handy to have a ramp or put to get under it
Thanks Chris, for the very usefull info you gave there :)
Might not be a hassle after all.

What brand would you recommend and non- or resonated ones?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Non res is easy, as Milltek or anyone really. Resonated, then personally I went for the HKS version, as needed a quiet system. Milltek do one as well, but not heard that :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oke I'm choosing a non resonated one, chance that the technical inspection doesn't fall over it is high my tuner says so.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think that my performance dealer only said something about Cobb, but I saw ecutek on their site aswell.

Can you tell me why I should choose ecutek if possible?

Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts