GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys probably an old school question - will there be a much of an increase in bhp / torque going to the stage3 - 3inch inlets 1000cc injectors and maybe front pipes - as im quite impressed with the beta stage2 compared to the normal ots stage2 ( running miltek y pipe and k&n filters at minute )

Terry

·
Registered
723 Posts
You are running Cobb Stage 2 beta on stock injectors?
Doesn't it max them?
Cobb stage 2 (normal, not beta) was maxing my injectors already...
Think it was 15,5 or 16 psi...

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COBB Tuning, v500.00 -- BETA HP Stage2 93 octane or 97 ron high performance - map 0 = 13 psi, MAP 1 = 15 psi, map 2 = 16 psi peak, Map 3 = 17.5 psi peak, With or without upgraded DP and full exhaust, Cobb SF intake 2.5 inch or stock intake system. Higher performance mapping - user must take responsibility for monitoring engine - Runs fine on this map and its for standard injectors i hope :) 17.5 psi not 17 sorry

·
Registered
723 Posts
COBB Tuning, v500.00 -- BETA HP Stage2 93 octane or 97 ron high performance - map 0 = 13 psi, MAP 1 = 15 psi, map 2 = 16 psi peak, Map 3 = 17.5 psi peak, With or without upgraded DP and full exhaust, Cobb SF intake 2.5 inch or stock intake system. Higher performance mapping - user must take responsibility for monitoring engine - Runs fine on this map and its for standard injectors i hope :) 17.5 psi not 17 sorry
Have you monitored your duty cycle?
And do you have full exhaust and high flow air filters already installed?
I did have that when I was logging...
I wasn't using beta map though... I had normal stage 2 Cobb map...

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No logs done yet been running this map for 3 months no knock showing on the display - just y pipe and k&n panel filters using 99oct fuel - standard rear exhaust -car feels alot quicker than the ots stage 2 map i was running and it was the gtc 99 oct map

·
Registered
723 Posts
Read the last sentence in the Cobb text that you posted...
Monitor that immediately, I wouldn't play with maxing the injectors...
You could blow your engine...
I wasn't getting knock on the dispalay too, but was maxing the injectors...
The only difference in my setup was full exhaust... (Standard downpipes)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice but im not too concerned about this map what i really want to know if there is a good power increase for the cost of @ £1500 from people who have made the popular jump to the stage 3

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
from my experience, changing the downpipes made a big difference...!

and yes, stage 3 will give you more power, but it is nowhere near the noticeable jump you get from stock, going to stage 2 for example. its just not that noticeable.

I ran Map setting 2 (16psi) with FULL exhaust and K&N filters, but Not Injectors... and it was absolutely fine... and more than quick enough.

but, if you have that amount spare cash, personally I would go for handling mods like the uprated anti-roll bars or KW/Litchfield springs etc...

stage 2 with these mods, IMO would be very hard to beat in most circumstances..

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Nick - that was kind of what i was expecting looking at the dyno charts for both stages but not much info on the beta maps to compare peoples views - thanks again for your advice

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
There's also a page on the Cobb website where they have listed cars with which mods and what they made on the dyno. As a rough guide. I prefer the arse dyno myself :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sorry to thread hijack, but do people class a 95% injector duty cycle as maxed out? I have a custom map (18 psi) from GTC and Ben says 95% is safe enough.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Ben knows his stuff. Manufacturers tend to aim for 85% flat out, under moderate ambient conditions. That covers a warm sunny day at altitude, to a freezing cold morning at sea level. I'd be happy with 90%, and I wouldn't boot it in cold conditions at that. 95% still gives a small margin; and remember, it only becomes an issue when you're mashing the throttle into the carpet on a cold morning.

Having said all of that, 18psi is more than I would be comfortable with on my car. That's practically double the standard boost, for 100 ish more horses? Not a good trade in my view.

Paul

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its probably only at 18psi for a short while in the map then will taper off and the injector duty will drop as well - have seen some post saying they are hitting 104 % duty cycle :confused:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Sorry to thread hijack, but do people class a 95% injector duty cycle as maxed out? I have a custom map (18 psi) from GTC and Ben says 95% is safe enough.
I prefer IDC max 85% for the headroom. Ideally should look into asnu injectors when over

AFR still safe at 95% but when weather turn's cold or on higher speed it can risk hitting 100%

1 - 16 of 16 Posts