GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its going to be a long night folks,

heading up to SVM at 5am ish to ditch the COBB and 'Pop & Bang' all the way back home tomorrow!!! :chuckle:

Have been waiting for this for a while now and feel like a little kid at the moment! Albeit a 'chavvy' one! Lol

The 'CHAV' button will be activated all around town tomorrow night :smokin:

(just need to get that sh*t outta my system)

Also looking forward to the all new Advanced Traction Control, as well as the rolling boost! Not sure how much difference it will make on a 650R though, as all feedback/reviews seem to be from the bigger builds!!! :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so!

So what is the verdict with this 'Pops & Bangs' Map? Is it bad for your car or not????

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Will be looking forward to the feedback:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll keep you guys updated!

Lets hope Ben Linney takes out some of his aggression on my mapping tomorrow :D

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Am interested in if you are looking for the Ecutek to solve the horrific smoking under WOT you get with Cobb. Mine was tweaked but its still unacceptable in my book.

Is the pop and bang map a standard option on Ecutek?

·
Registered
66 Posts
What I've understood is that the raw fuel will destroy catalytic converters, no matter what type of cat (OEM, freeflow, race). And in long runs it wears turbo(s).

Search "anti lag" from Google.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Made the move from COBB to ECUTek 6 months ago with GTC doing the mapping on both.

ECUtek is great bit of software, the on the fly adjust-ability is really useful, gearbox feels smoother too. Only downside is need a laptop to log!

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok ok…

Here goes!!!

WHAT A F^*KIN EPIC DRIVE HOME!!! :D

I have only had the Ecutek Phase 4 Racerom on my car since this afternoon! So a long motorway drive back + an absolute tear up all round town has made me feel that this is quiet simply the best money spent on my car EVER!!!

The 'Pops & Bangs' are a good laugh!!! :chuckle:
Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you learn how to mess around with the accelerator - you can pop and bang whenever you want! It runs a bit lumpy in this map though, and I am not sure if I'm spitting flames just yet???!!! :confused: any advice from you veteran Poppers & Bangers will be much appreciated! :thumbsup:

NEXT:

ROLLING BOOST: I am yet to try this feature, but John at SVM tested it for me and said it works well and my car feels very strong for a 650R! I will let you know once I have experienced it!

NOW FOR THE MAJOR WOW FACTOR!!!!!

Where the hell has my car found all this grip from????????? I just cannot explain it!!!! I used to always hoon around with the traction off when on the COBB, and upon take off the car used to top out 1st gear with wheel spin for me to go up the gears fighting for grip!!!!

But now, with the Ecutek ATC - the car just seems incredible!!!! The traction control does butt in when you top out first gear but as soon as I shift up to 2nd - its just launches forward with grip that I just cannot understand!!!! It is simply beyond me!!! A major major difference from the COBB!!!

SVM done a fantastic job. Kevan made sure I was happy and ensured the Pop & Bang map was up to my liking - he knows I'm a 'CHAV' and got this map tweeked until I was happy - LOL! John is fantastic - a real asset to SVM. He done a few test runs to make sure everything was perfect and I was getting the best performance from my baby little 650R! Amar is THE man!!! A courtesy car was arranged for me to pop to town whilst these guys worked their magic! ( No! It wasn't the Qashqai R!!! Or the Hulk for that matter - PLEASE!!! JUST DONT ASK) :bawling:

A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO BEN LINNEY ASWELL FOR THE EPIC TUNE & ADJUSTMENTS TODAY.

COBB is a great tool! But from my little experience with Ecutek - it is in a different league!!!

To anyone with a COBB out there - Speak to SVM!!! No matter what stage car you have, I am certain that these guys will make you get more out of your car with Ecutek! I just cannot explain how aggressive and quick my car feels for a 650R! Bere in mind I have also owned a Litchfields stage 4 car - MY11 (which was up in the for sale section a few months back) so I have a very good comparision! I am TOTALLY satisfied with the outcome and can honestly say, it is the best money spent on my car so far.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Ok so hold on then...am i picking this up correctly....you think it was a good move:chuckle:

Pleased you are enjoying it and another who has made the jump and feeling it was a positive move. I too have the 650R and have been toying with this and the more positive feedback there is the more i get tempted. Just a shame really that Cobb progress stalled so badly and things have moved on.

Always want to feel that i have got some tangible benefits from any money spent on the car and could not see previously that a swap over of platforms would have given me that however perhaps now i should reconsider.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so hold on then...am i picking this up correctly....you think it was a good move:chuckle:

Pleased you are enjoying it and another who has made the jump and feeling it was a positive move. I too have the 650R and have been toying with this and the more positive feedback there is the more i get tempted. Just a shame really that Cobb progress stalled so badly and things have moved on.

Always want to feel that i have got some tangible benefits from any money spent on the car and could not see previously that a swap over of platforms would have given me that however perhaps now i should reconsider.
You won't regret it mate. If you are anywhere near West London, you are more than welcome to come and have a drive in mine if you like?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I'm up in the Midland but might actually take a trip down at some point if that's possible....would be really good to test back to back and really feel the difference.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm up in the Midland but might actually take a trip down at some point if that's possible....would be really good to test back to back and really feel the difference.
Anytime mate, just let me know. I am sure you will be surprised. :D

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Thank's for giving the team the opportunity to try Ecutek SVM style :)

Maybe She fly's a little faster due to a sleeker Rocky :D

Drive safely and take care :) most importantly Enjoy :D:D:D

kk

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank's for giving the team the opportunity to try Ecutek SVM style :)

Maybe She fly's a little faster due to a sleeker Rocky :D

Drive safely and take care :) most importantly Enjoy :D:D:D

kk
Off course Kev :thumbsup:

I'm getting sleeker by the day at the moment - which means she'll be going like the Hulk within a couple of months :D

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sounds like a good move mate!!! I'm also in too minds, but waiting for abit to see if Cobb will catch up. would love to see a side by side comparison with the Cobb 650r and ecutek 650r.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts