21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
me thinks santa pod day :)

rocky get out there and try the rolling boost lol
I'm up for it guys! :chuckle:

Today looks like a good day here in West London - time to go terrorize the streets and try this rolling launch!!!

Ben - why am I not spitting flames when popping stand still like knight racer???? :confused:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm about to get the Cobb replaced for the Ecutek, running same setup 650R but getting bit fed up with the cloud of grey smoke when you hit!, gladly replace with some pops and bangs:)NAND possibly some flames.

How did you find the race rom with rolling boost?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I am so in the same place. Cobb's response was "we can get rid of smoke but you will have to live with lag"

My mind is made up

·
Registered
747 Posts
Glad you are happy with the move. Just a shame that at the time when SVM were not offering ecutek, they were saying there is not much difference between the two when really there always has been!

I'm hoping for a considerate saving to swap over, as I do want to!

Pops and bangs, better traction, rolling boost and no smoke.. why not!

·
Registered
270 Posts
How can unburnt fuel reduce the lag? Seems to be an issue with having a map that it running a bit too rich at the top end. However I know you have to allow a bit for a safety margin otherwise it won't be long before you melt a piston.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How can unburnt fuel reduce the lag? Seems to be an issue with having a map that it running a bit too rich at the top end. However I know you have to allow a bit for a safety margin otherwise it won't be long before you melt a piston.
If you log the fuelling it's not actually rich on most of the cars that smoke, the issue is in the mapping and there's no reason you couldn't fix a car with cobb assuming you have full access to the cam timing table. The "lag" will be down to less aggressive cam timing but if it's tuned correctly there won't be much difference in response.

I have swapped a couple of cars from cobb to ecutek now and the difference in how much black comes out of the back is unreal! one of them was logging 12.5 AFR and smoked massively!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts