GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys iv got an older style Cobb unit but i believe its a version 6 which can map the gearbox as well

My cars a 2009 model stock apart from full russ fellows exhaust and k&N air filters

I want to test this unit out by down loading a map from the cobb tuning website but dont know if i should go stage 1 or stage 2?

I would prefer stage 2 (more bhp) but not sure if there any other mods my car would need first - also want to download the TCM map too

Any thoughts? or has anyone any experience with older cobb unit?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Best thing to do is go on the website and read the map notes for stage 1/2 then choose one that is closest to your set up - a while ago it would have been stage 2 but they have changed the maps stage 2 has big intakes now if i remember correctly

·
Registered
585 Posts
Go here conf. your vehicle and you will find the maps and notes for what mods it is supporting https://www.cobbtuning.com/maps

Hardware Requirements: Stage1 - Otherwise stock vehicle with the following modifications*:
***8226;Intake requirements: Stock or COBB Tuning SF Intake System (2.75")
***8226;Exhaust requirements: Stock exhaust or upgraded cat-back exhaust

Hardware Requirements: Stage1 + Big SF - Otherwise stock vehicle with the following modifications*:
***8226;Intake requirements: COBB Tuning Big SF Intake System*
***8226;Exhaust requirements: Stock exhaust or upgraded cat-back exhaust

Hardware Requirements: Stage2 - Otherwise stock vehicle with the following modifications*:
***8226;Intake requirements: COBB Tuning Big SF Intake System*
***8226;Exhaust requirements: COBB Tuning Y-Pipe

Hardware Requirements: Stage3 - Otherwise stock vehicle with the following modifications*:
***8226;Intake Requirements: COBB Tuning Big SF Intake System*
***8226;Exhaust requirements: COBB Tuning Downpipes, COBB Tuning Y-Pipe, upgraded cat-back exhaust
***8226;Fuel System Requirements: COBB 1000cc Injectors, upgraded fuel pump
***8226;Intercooler Requirements: Alpha Performance front mount intercooler or similar high performance intercooler

* The addition of any other hardware may make the vehicle perform poorly.

* Only the COBB Tuning Big SF Intake is compatible with these maps. Use of a different intake system while utilizing these maps can potentially cause engine damage, regardless of how similar it may look in design to the aforementioned intake system.

Additional Notes:

If any knock or detonation is present even when using the appropriate fuel, try reflashing a map that is intended for a lower octane fuel. If your modifications do not match the hardware requirements listed above, you can have a custom Accessport map made at one of the COBB Tuning retail and service centers or one of the many professional GTR Pro-Tuners and e-Tuners.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
2009 you want the LC5, stock style with VDC off. It's a bit misleading because you can still launch with VDC on, but what it means is for a car which would require VDC off for a stock launch. Not you have to turn it off to launch.

Stage 1 and 2 are now at version 7, when everything changed.

With your pipe, you could use stage 2 version 6. Version 7 stage 2 is mapped for 3" intakes, and (possibly wrong) 1000cc injectors.

The good news is that if you do fuel pumps, injectors, intakes and zorst, there's a v7 stage 3 map too. :thumbsup:

Any clearer?

·
Registered
585 Posts
For stage 3 you need DP's as well and aftermarket intercooler.... as the notes say...
They changed the spec/config for the different stages with v.7.0x
https://www.cobbtuning.com/nissan-gt-r-september-updates-2/ cobb's newsletter

If you want to max it you should also consider to add 2012+ or aftermarket turbo inlet pipes(bigger from 2012+ cars) they are supposed to be fun to install...ironic comment :)

Installed ported 2012 inlets and GotBoost's 3" intakes on my '09 - Engine - GT-R Life

2009 you want the LC5, stock style with VDC off. It's a bit misleading because you can still launch with VDC on, but what it means is for a car which would require VDC off for a stock launch. Not you have to turn it off to launch.

Stage 1 and 2 are now at version 7, when everything changed.

With your pipe, you could use stage 2 version 6. Version 7 stage 2 is mapped for 3" intakes, and (possibly wrong) 1000cc injectors.

The good news is that if you do fuel pumps, injectors, intakes and zorst, there's a v7 stage 3 map too. :thumbsup:

Any clearer?

·
Registered
585 Posts
You can find good info here. lc5 for my 2009 - Transmission & Drivetrain - GT-R Life
If I remember correctly I use the KJ10B and that seems to be correct.
From the thread above....
This is a post from [email protected]

The A and B revisions come from different world markets. "A" revision is being run on JDM vehicles. The main difference is the speed limiter table found in the "A" revision.

KB51A - LC4 from Japan
KB51B - LC4, seen in other world market & USDM vehicles from the same generation

KJ10A - LC5 from Japan
KJ10B - LC5, seen in other world market and USDM vehicles
38B0B - LC5, WM13 (USDM14) revision rom seen in world market and USDM Vehicles.

Hi Guys

Even with the Stock Style VDC off LC5 there are 2 variations?

KJ10B and KJ10A??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts