GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried getting my tracker made active but cobra say they can't pick up a signal from it, there telling me they can only come and look at it at a Nissan main dealer forecourt and it will cost me 150 pound before they even do anything. It could be something really small so I'm thinking someone might no a cheaper way of getting it looked at maybe? I no it's not a great deal of money but taking it to my local Nissan garage will cost me a days work alone so the bill is going to escalate I emagine! Any ideas or do I just bite the bullet and get cobra to do it? Cheers

·
Registered
743 Posts
cobra

i had the same mate 3 months ago.....it will cost big ,usually new unit plus subs 500 ish .....i got a Tracker fitted 180 fitted plus subs 120 i think go this path if i were you they fit at your house in about an hour .....:wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea 500 will easally disappear I think, especially with the 215 pound a year subscription fee! Who did u use mate?

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Has it ever worked before? Are the fobs working? should have a red led blinking away, the batteries need changing every 12mths or so.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't no if it worked before I had it, only just tried registering recently. Do the fobs need to be working for them to locate the car then? Haven't checked to see if they litght up, il have a look, cheers

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looked at the tracker ones, 225 inc fitting, plus 175 a year subscription. That's for the tracker locate device which you can link to your phone and see where it is 24/7. Seems like this will be a cheaper route to go down maybe

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
if the light is blinking, call up and ask them to see if they can see the fob on their system, normally both the fob and the car need to be visible to them and within a close proximity for it all to be working. Agreed the £215 subs is a ripp off compared to others on the market.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just looked at the tracker ones, 225 inc fitting, plus 175 a year subscription. That's for the tracker locate device which you can link to your phone and see where it is 24/7. Seems like this will be a cheaper route to go down maybe
Have you got a link to this djbenny?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Tracker all day long.

Don't forget, any thief who knows the GT-R knows exactly where the Cobra unit is due to them always fitting it in the same place and then telling you where that is when they start clicking out of subscription to annoy you.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
You may laugh but I got one from E-bay for £45ish called a TK Nano 102 from a company called Rewire security.

If I phone the tracker it shows me where it is both as longitude/latitude and on Google maps. I can also send it a "shock" message with 3 different levels of sensitivity. If the car is moved with this setting activated the tracker will send a message to my phone every minute or so with its position on Google maps and then a blue gps symbol will constantly follow the car as it moves along.

There are many other parameters that can be used with the smartphone which I haven't bothered with as well as the ability to use it on a web platform which I haven't used either.

Best part is. NO subscription fee. Needless to say, I am a very happy customer especially when I hear about all the aggro that Cobra subscribers have.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
You may laugh but I got one from E-bay for £45ish called a TK Nano 102 from a company called Rewire security.

If I phone the tracker it shows me where it is both as longitude/latitude and on Google maps. I can also send it a "shock" message with 3 different levels of sensitivity. If the car is moved with this setting activated the tracker will send a message to my phone every minute or so with its position on Google maps and then a blue gps symbol will constantly follow the car as it moves along.

There are many other parameters that can be used with the smartphone which I haven't bothered with as well as the ability to use it on a web platform which I haven't used either.

Best part is. NO subscription fee. Needless to say, I am a very happy customer especially when I hear about all the aggro that Cobra subscribers have.
does this just track without the disable?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does the tracker unit click when you start up the car? (It sounds a bit like an indicator relay clicking from the rear passenger side of the car). If it's not, then that's a sign the unit is dead/faulty. If it is clicking then the tracker is trying to connect so the issue might be at their end.

·
Registered
743 Posts
yer

i got the tracker locate .....180 was mine look for deals on e-bay ...make sure they disconect COBRA unit ..if you go this way ....by the way they do know whats going on when my battery went flat they phoned me .......:wavey:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No link but go on autologics.co.uk, yea it's been clicking away ever since I brought it and all along I've thought that's very bizarre giving away the position off it!! Will ring Adrian flux today and see what kind of units they except coz I'm thinking they won't allow cheap DIY ones, even tho there probley just as good and do a similar job to the rest. Thanks for all the useful feedback guys.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
No link but go on autologics.co.uk, yea it's been clicking away ever since I brought it and all along I've thought that's very bizarre giving away the position off it!!
That was my point.
Great tracking unit, I imagine you can remove it in minutes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They except any tracker as long as it has a certificate with it that I can send them. Does yours have one zed? Il buy a cheaper one if it has paperwork defiantly.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
They except any tracker as long as it has a certificate with it that I can send them. Does yours have one zed? Il buy a cheaper one if it has paperwork defiantly.
By "they", I assume you mean the insurance companies. Well, no the tracker does not come with any kind of paperwork.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts