GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else had problems :
Had it fitted to the car in April & since then I have had numerous alert calls from Cobra, so I called them this week & they reprogrammed the 2 Driver Cards, 'should be ok now Sir', well I am still getting alert calls, so if they can't sort it I will get it taken out & get my money back, 'its bloody annoying'.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got mine in April and had these problems on the second day (the system was apparently not live the first day!). After numerous false alarms on day 2 I spent about an hour on the phone on day 3 with Cobra as they reprogrammed them.
Everything has been fine since, although I am tempted to trigger a 'false alarm' just to see if it is still working!
Neil

·
Registered
329 Posts
I Accidently triggered it , but not putting the car into transport mode for the 1200 mile serice, they contacted me very quickly.

The only thing I found odd is they would not tell me exactly where my car was only roughly based on what I said i.e I told them it was coming back from middlehurst and I expect it to be on XX road and they confirmed, apparently they can only tell the Police exactly where the car is ??

·
Registered
32 Posts
No alerts/false alarms with mine, except when car went for optimization and I failed to activate transport mode.

But, my sister's boyfriend who also has an R35 with Cobra system gets false alarms all the time.

Mine was installed in Mill Hill dealership, his in the HPC in Hampshire.

Could it be related to how the tracker was installed?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had a false alarm when i was driving as well
apparently keys beside the fob will block the signal

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Sounds like a user friendly system......

·
Registered
99 Posts
My HPC had problems setting the system up on handover day but the system has worked perfectly since. My problem is remembering the key... if you buy the offical GTR keyringit fits perfectly so is a good memory trigger for me (I am 40 after all :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts