GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

My R34 GTT had an issue about 2 weeks ago, I've got a HKS SQV bov on atmos. One fine day, tcs + slip + engine light and stuttering like a t*rd.

About 3 days later I found the problem. It ended up being the cap over the recirc pipe had a lose ring and the top bolt of the BOV had come loose....most likely to my girly arms not tightening them enough from the start. It fixed the lights on restart but on a cold start, I got the engine light for about a minute and then it went back off. Disconnected the battery overnight and engine light was gone for good.

During the ordeal, I bit the bullet and bought a BT consult. Got it today and hooked it up and it gave me the dreaded code 21 and to go with it, 33.

Consult reckons 40 start for 21 and 34 starts which puts it around the time the BOV problem occured (its a daily car because I work 6km from home). The previous owner reckoned that after he blew a tyre, the Nissan dealership in Brussels tried to resolve the same tcs + slip warning by putting in new coil packs. This would most likely have been around 60k kms and I bought it at 63k. He only did 7k kms in Belgium before selling it.

Could it be possible that the O2 sensor got stuffed with the vacuum problems? Clearing the codes wont work for the moment and it was still warm when I tried it. It would amaze me that a whole set of new coils would be gone in 20k kms

Note: I have not yet checked which coil packs are in it. Going on the belief that Nissan knows what they're doing...

·
Registered
8 Posts
So is the engine light coming on now? With the TCS/Slip Lights? Normally this is indicative of Coilpacks breaking down. I guess it depends on the Coilpacks that were used. I've seen the Chinese knock off ones fail quickly!

If you use your Consult cable with Ecutalk (free) you can see if the O2 is switching properly. Hope that helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts