GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last saturday I fitted some coilovers on the back (koni), the front already had the koni coilovers on. Now the 4wd was running fine. As soon as I fitted the rear ones the 4wd light came on.

A week later (today) I start up the car and see what the fault code is however the 4wd light hasn't come on and can't check for the code (red light flashing), car has been started for around 15mins and seems to be fine.

I didn't drive it though, I'm guessing I should drive it first and it should come on? But when I fitted the coilovers it came on straight away, without moving the car.

Even if the light comes on again has anyone else had an issue with fitting coilovers and the 4wd light?

Thanks in advance. The car was really dangerous in 2wd plus icy roads, how we take the 4wd for granted. :chuckle:

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
May help to diconnect the earth cable on your battery for a few houres and reset the system.
Just make sure you're steering wheel is pointing straight and that the car is on level ground when hooking the battery back up in the car ;)

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Just to confirm we did the following:

Disconnected the battery with the wheels straight to reset (not for a few hours though)
Checked the fuse
Checked the fluid

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I checked out the problem again and there was a wire hanging loose :chairshot:chairshot:chairshot in the boot

connected that back to the ets thingy, took it for a drive and no light :cool:

someone must've accidentally knocked it out when removing the bolts for the suspension

atleast thats sorted, I was looking at all the possible things of code 18, g sensor this and that :runaway:

there were quite abit of wires hanging loose in the back, guessing coming off the speakers etc which dont work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts