GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s considered a good quality height adjustable coilover nowadays for an R34?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I have had MeisterR GT1 Coilovers fitted to mine, not driven it yet with them fitted as
my car is at abbey motorsport getting fixed.
got them because of the good reviews they got.

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
You cant' got wrong with Nitrons. 3 way is what i use on the 34 and here are the ones for the 32

Midori wanted twice the price pretty much to get them, so just ordered them from UK and shipped to japan.

service is very good and you do pay for what you get (most of the time)

not that expensive in the scheme of things

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
think they are about £4k these days not sure.

worth fitting.

total overkill for what im doing ie sub 500miles a year but hey should check the rest of the build.

prob, will feature on Midori's blog sometime soon

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
I could have gone for the three way Nitron’s but after getting opinions from a number of respectable people within the GTR scene, I ordered a set of Ohlin DFV’s
Majority of people wouldn’t even be able to set up Nitrons. Most people don’t setup their regular adjustable dampers properly with the correct preload and corner weight. 3 or 4 way with bump and rebound will get them totally confused.

Good for bragging rights though lol

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
Majority of people wouldn***8217;t even be able to set up Nitrons. Most people don***8217;t setup their regular adjustable dampers properly with the correct preload and corner weight. 3 or 4 way with bump and rebound will get them totally confused.

Good for bragging rights though lol
That***8217;s why I***8217;m letting Mindori set them up, they are a japan dealer for them, but wanted twice the price. They are happy to set them up

Not bragging rights, just want something that is well made and not created in a factory in china with a label.

Plus they not even that expensive in all honesty

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
I could have gone for the three way Nitron’s but after getting opinions from a number of respectable people within the GTR scene, I ordered a set of Ohlin DFV’s
Friend of ours is the Ohlins dealer for Tokyo.

They make very good quality coil overs.

It was cheaper for me to order the Nitrons

1 - 20 of 27 Posts