GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am completely new to GTRs, although I share same passion for cars. Somehow (hahaha) I recently placed a deposit for late R33 GTR V-spec.

I am going to see it on Saturday.

Hope I can add link:

Anyone can shed some more light about this car. Ups could not add link - car comes from GTR shop it is advertised on Pistonheads for £12999 Blue UK spec.

Thanks. Looking to get more involved on the forum.:wavey:

Kind Regards
Peter.

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Hi mate , pretty sure this was previously owned by a memeber here but I may be wrong.

What I do know though , is that you will be in good hands with Dave w and the gtr shop .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate , pretty sure this was previously owned by a memeber here but I may be wrong.

What I do know though , is that you will be in good hands with Dave w and the gtr shop .

Thanks. I am completely new to the GTR scene, but it seems I am dealing with gentleman. Nothing to worry then.

Regards
Peter.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Don't do what I did when I bought mine years ago and just get excited and drive it off. Do some research on what to look for and check, then make a list. When you go, work through your list and make sure you check / get everything you need to.

If you don't make a list, then your likely to just be mega excitable and not check anything.

Good luck and have fun!

Cheers
Mart

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't do what I did when I bought mine years ago and just get excited and drive it off. Do some research on what to look for and check, then make a list. When you go, work through your list and make sure you check / get everything you need to.

If you don't make a list, then your likely to just be mega excitable and not check anything.

Good luck and have fun!

Cheers
Mart

Hahah true I will make a list....seems apart from rust on struts and 4th/5th gear syncro problems I can not find too many issues...

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
If it's from the THEGTRSHOP.COM owned by Dave Warrener then it should be pretty accurate how it's described etc. Dave has a good rep and if he sold stinkers he'd be slated across this and many other Skyline forums!

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Obviously doing your checks is standard , but I think a lot of people here can vouch for Dave.

You won't get any nasty surprises, his cars are what they say on the tin.

Best of luck

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Hahah true I will make a list....seems apart from rust on struts and 4th/5th gear syncro problems I can not find too many issues...
You shouldn't expect issues with the syncros get the dealer to fix it or walk away. Changing syncros is pretty major and the box needs to come off probably looking at 600-800 for a job like this. Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tkank You Everyone,

I am amazed how helpful all of You are. Definitely a forum to be a part of.

Much appreciated.

Regards
Peter

·
Registered
65 Posts
No but I spoke to Dave in April and he was preparing a R33 series 3. He was going to send me some photos which I never received.
But it does look nice and got a good specs.
You have obviously seen it.
What do you think of it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is 1.1bar a lot of boost or OK - thanks.

These are points to check from my list, please add if You think anything else require addressing.

List of things to check:

· Rust on front turrets/struts
· 4th/5th gear syncro issues – when over 5000rpms.
· Rust/water leaks in the boot.
· All electrics working
· Fluids levels
· Turbo smoking
· Turbo seals leaking
· Oil pressure: cold 4+ , warm idle 2+, boost 4+
· Probe the metal for rust underneath.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
1.1 bar is 0.1 bar too much if the turbos are stock ceramics and you are waiting for a turbo failure that will likely take the engine out too.

If it has uprated or non ceramic turbos then that will be great and you should start looking at running 1.2 bar of boost all being well. Just got make sure engine management appropriate - should be ok but at max for fuelling.

If the tubs are stock, you will soon be posting up about car probs

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If all is okay, why don't you pop along to the the South East Breakfast Meet on Sunday 6th July?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts