GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I am in the market too buy my first R35 , but there are not many of those here in Norway.

Import is also very expencive now due too currency .

But , i have a white my17 track edition on hand, at a very resonable price. Thing is, i dont want a white car. Its nice yes, but when a my17 is almost 140 000£ here i want a car ticking all the boxes.

I was thinking about re painting it . But would that ruin the value of the car? I am going too do it after the book , and most likely go for daytona.

Thoughts?
Not a very big fan of wrap , all tho considering .

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hello.

I am in the market too buy my first R35 , but there are not many of those here in Norway.

Import is also very expencive now due too currency .

But , i have a white my17 track edition on hand, at a very resonable price. Thing is, i dont want a white car. Its nice yes, but when a my17 is almost 140 000£ here i want a car ticking all the boxes.

I was thinking about re painting it . But would that ruin the value of the car? I am going too do it after the book , and most likely go for daytona.

Thoughts?
Not a very big fan of wrap , all tho considering .
Ouch £140k is twice the UK price for a similar car. A wrap will be expensive but must be cheaper than a full respray. I don't like white much but I bought a my17 track edition in that colour and it's grown on me.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I agree with JohnFK and Besty, wrap it

I only wanted a black car, but white was my second choice, it actually does look really good

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts
Unless you are rich enough not to care or are certain you will keep the car forever a colour change respray is madness in the day and age. Get it wrapped or spray PPF’d to a colour you want and it can be reversed when you move it on later

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the fast replys. I do not have much experience with wrap. But those new colors from Inozetek look a bit temting.
I had a 964 turbo a few years ago wrapped in gray , it looked good from a few meters, but its far from the real deal. That was done with 3M wrap , their products are decent arent they?

Its not that i dont like the white , it looks pretty cool with all those black parts. But if i were too choose it would be daytona or the safe/boring black. All tho most of the lines in the eba disapears in black.

Will have too go a few rounds qith my self on this one...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Another wrap vote here.
I had 3M matte black on my GT-R for a while. Looked great. Very solid quality and was easy to remove with very little residue.
If respraying you d have to do it all, engine bay, inside of Doors etc. Gets hella expensive. A poor mans respray is deffo worse than a wrap.
Also I agree that a respray will devalue the car. It will be autoassumed it's been in an accident.

·
Vendor
2,783 Posts
Wraps the way forward as it keeps the paint underneath in better condition for resale whenever the time comes.

wrapping allows you to change colour more or less anytime in a couple of days, imagine booking the car in the Bodyshop and then waiting.

Regardless good luck and post some pics when it’s done.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,206 Posts
The thing with a wrap is not to go for a gloss finish. When I was thinking about a wrap, I wanted it to look like it was painted and not wrapped - i.e. a gloss wrap. But they look poor, they look like they have been resprayed very badly.

But with a satin/matte wrap, that problem goes away, and they look like a wrap.

My wrap (satin finish) looks great and gets endless positive comments about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You all seem too advice against re spray. And wathing a few youtube videos of the Inozetek wrap got me confident i will find a nice finish if the white dont grow on me.

Put down a offer on the Track ed. Today. Crossing fingers ill get it.

Will post pictures when deal is sealed.

Snuffy: i agree , but i was not familiar with all the brands too chose from. Inozetek seems too have a pretty nice finish and gloss.
I have allready agreed too visit a local shop too see samples and hopefully see a demo/customer car done in same brand.

·
Registered
2013 Litchfield Stage 2 R35 GTR
117 Posts
All depends on what you want. A straight colour change may be £1500 -£1700 but then you look at door shuts & the small details or you go for a pearlescent, metallic etc... wrap then you’re £2k+

Anyone seen anything wrapped in Inozetek? Heard it’s very close to paint in looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Litchfield Stage 2 R35 GTR
117 Posts
Wrap it in Inozetek film. The finish is very similar to paint
Wrote my response before reading the rest of the thread. That’s what I’ve heard as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ooo Matron !
2,206 Posts
Snuffy: i agree , but i was not familiar with all the brands too chose from. Inozetek seems too have a pretty nice finish and gloss.
I have allready agreed too visit a local shop too see samples and hopefully see a demo/customer car done in same brand.
What I found was the samples look fine for a gloss (so nice and smooth) but on the car they don't look so good.

Mine is 3M, the colour is called Ocean Satin Shimmer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What I found was the samples look fine for a gloss (so nice and smooth) but on the car they don't look so good.

Mine is 3M, the colour is called Ocean Satin Shimmer:

View attachment 265866
Seen pictures of your car before. Look sweet. I was thinking about going for a blue wrap my self.

Anyone know anything about this yellow gtr?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ocean Satin Shimmer looks really nice.

Love that yellow one as well. Think they look great in bold colours.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts