GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R32 GT-R Has gone in for a full repaint,
I want it to look realy nice and there were a few pimples here and there.
Now my dilemer do I have it sprayed gunmetal grey to keep it original or do I change it to say the same blue as the R34's? which I think is a great colour.

I'm worried about it loosing value if I change it from original(maybe it, wouldn't but most classic cars are there original colour).

Any pics of R32's in other colours? and what would you do?

Rick

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Rick,

Become a member of the "Red Pearl" R32 club, you remember the color of mine?? Its Nissan code AH3 if you need it :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
301 Posts
How about something really different...

Hi Rick,

Not sure if anybody has seen this paint job, but when in Hong Kong I saw a Mitsubishi FTO in the latest fad over there - Stealth colour - it was like one of thos stealth bombers where the paint isn't matt nor is it pearlescent. It was in a dark grey/black - really looked different but not sure what it would look like on an R32. - Probably scary as Fcuck especially at night with a pair of Xenons :D

Yuk.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I hear a full proper respray costs about 2-3k to get done properly on a Skyline :(

Not sure if thats true or not but its alot of cash on a paint job.

Personally im trying to get more figures because i really want a Chromaflare on my car when i finally get one :)

Cheers,
AK

·
Registered
865 Posts
A full different colour respray is ok if u go bare shell, that way it looks the total part. If its just mask bits up and spray a new colour around i can gurantee you'll never be happy as u'll always pick faults.

Keep the original colour, it really does suit the r32.

·
Registered
301 Posts
True

I think Rich J is absolutely right on this point. Either strip it all down first or don't bother - its what I am planning for mine even if I keep the same colour because if there are bits left, you as the owner will always know its there. And it may result in a second spray job along the way. It happened to me in my Suzuki Swift (A 1 litre of all things - in retrospect I don't even know why I bothered).

Yuk

·
Registered
766 Posts
from a car dealers point of view on resale. if you are gonna respray it then keep it the original colour.if you change it then the resale will come right down, if you ever make the mistake of selling it of course!!

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Re: How about something really different...

Project 400 said:
- Stealth colour - it was like one of thos stealth bombers where the paint isn't matt nor is it pearlescent. It was in a dark grey/black
Somebody on here was askingf about paint colours a while back, and I struggled to explain myself in recomending a flat black, not matt, not gloss finish, now I know what to call it.

Gotta be Stealth

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hooray...

I'm not alone!!!!!!!!! :D

Thought people were gonna shoot me down when trying to explain this colour. But it is very distinct and i'm sure a flip could be added in there somewhere.

A slight 'sheen' in a different colour to the base would be cool

:smokin:

Yuk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts