GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got a bit of an idea for the future, but need some info....

From the meets i've been to, i've seen a fair few people have "changed the colour" or added a logo to their Cam covers. What paint do you use to do this sort of thing ? What's the general procedure ?

Also, is it possible to spray up a plenum chamber ?

A few of the GTI-R guys have done both the plenum AND the Cam Cover and i wondered what's involved / what you need to do / what paints, etc to use.

Thanks,
Daz

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
There was a thread about cam covers a while back. They do get quite hot so Halfrods specials may not give the best results or last long enough. You may need something a bit less temperature sensitive. As for the plenum the only real temperature hear is from within the engibne bay so, unless I'm mistaken, this shouldn't be such a big issue

John

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
not trying to hijack the thread, but i thought of doing this myself. i stress that i only thought, i bottle it & couldn't be arsed in the end.

But the think i wondered about is the end cover; the bit nearest you. Theres the 4" diameter round alu thing on the end of one of the cam shafts... what's that all about? do things ping off and generally f**k up if you take it off?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts