GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone got the code KN6 on their car??? I cant seem to get hold of any touch up paint, even rung Middlehurst and it seems its not available..:(

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Tigger,
Have you tried Halfords, The little pens with the nib are really good, and they do most Nissan colours.

You could try your local body shop, they may be able to mix you up a little pot. You'll probably need your short skirt and heels for it though. ;)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers!!! did think it kinda looked purpley at certain angles!!! no one else got this colour??

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I normally get paint from a place in Bedford, called "Nu agane". they mix up any paint based on manufacturer, year and color code. I've had very good results- the color match is very very good.

He can't mix a touch up paint but you generally will get better results from an aerosol. Spray some of it into the cap and use a brush to fill in the chips. This way, the paint is much thinner and you'll get better results.

Jon

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think I have the same colour (Pearlish grey, which has a hint of purple when its sunny and blue when its not).

I also think I have a touch up pen, and will look up the codes etc for you tonight

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hi tigger

Ive seen a skyline with the same colour as yours at RK Tuning the last time i was there i think 1 of the guys that works there owns it try ron on 02083484219 he might be able to help you.

Tony

·
Registered
905 Posts
Halfords kmixed mine strraight away, no problem, but its not a fantastic match.......AH6 Garnet Red....

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
If you just want to touch up something, get the touch up stick from Nissans by quoting the colour code or you could even get the aerosol can.

I just got mine from Nissans the other day.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rang Nissan and they couldnt get it, Rang Middlehurst and they cant get it...:( but am gonna give ron a bell!

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
What is your colour code.

Try by not saying it's a skyline and just giving them the colour code.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
code is KN6, and I tried just giving that but they scratched their heads...it was even worse when I gave them the chassis number...then I tried to explain it was an import skyline..but I gave up at that point as they didnt have the code at all!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Tigger, I have finally found the paint. I have 125ml, so depending on how much you need, I could send you a bit. If you need more, it was purchased from Leonard Brooks (Harlow) Ltd, their tel no is Harlow (I don't have the STTD) 417501 and I believe their email address is [email protected].

They describe the paint as follows:

Nissan KN6, Dark purplish blue pearl C02 665.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts