GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought of colour codeing their GTR???

Just a thought I have been toying with the idea of changing the grey parts to match the rest of the car but I think it may detract from the lines of the car. Any thoughts??

:confused:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Looks wicked but I think it is then a case of new wheels please

I been thinking about this for the white one.

Kp

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Seen white ones colour coded and IMO they look the worst,makes the car look fatter than it already is ,from a side view it looks like a fat lump .Black looks the best as the underside is dark anyway and the dark colour that hides some of the lines suits the car more .Go on some of the Jap auction sites to have a look as there are a few there colour coded ,seriously colour coded white looks horrid imo. Far better to off match white with the black parts it has ,for instance dark Carbon rear wing to match underside and bonnet vents would be a better balance .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Has anyone thought of colour codeing their GTR???

Just a thought I have been toying with the idea of changing the grey parts to match the rest of the car but I think it may detract from the lines of the car. Any thoughts??

:confused:
I was planning to get my white GTR (due December this year) colour coded – think it looks really good as it makes the car seem lower. See previous pictures from this forum.

I have a theory that one of the reasons that the two grey colours (DMG and Titanium) look so good and are so popular is that they are the two colours that both appear more or less colour coded. These are just my opinions.

Some people (including David Yu) have said that colour coded cars look too high, but I was wondering, if that is so why don’t the grey cars also look too high? I would be very interested in everyone else’s opinions.

What does anyone else think?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I was going to get mine done this week but I have changed my mind, the US guys are complaining that they look dirty (white) all the time and you have to change the wheels which is a bumer as I have not seen a set I really like.

That said the black ones look wicked when colour coded and even better when sat on those BBS LMs but mine is white and I just aint feeling it, the back looks to big and the front just looks wrong.

It works for Red, DMG and Black but no other colour IMHO

Kp

·
Registered
39 Posts
if i had a white car i'd rather contrast with some CF parts. I have gunmetal and agree with above that is would not suit colour coding.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
With standard wheels on, and in white...it looks really nice I think but not so good in other colours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts