997 Posts
OH Dear!

Back end looks a bit 1970`s Corvette?

Henry.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I Hope Not,Dave:D

My brother had a 1990`s Corvette & that just didn`t like bends at all,I think they only have straight roads in the States;)

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
they have got it all wrong with that one..

Let's just hope they change it before release and more like the first pics of the R35.
Too much european influence and you know what the japs are like for pulling in influences. Like how many different cars make up a skyline...
IMHO.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Just bought it today on the way back from the airport! Had a bash and it is pretty cool. You get 51 cars and ...an old track from GT1 & 2...Autumn ring!

The GTR Concept is pretty fast...mind you I did try the LM version:D

BTW Richard ...where did you get that picture for your avatar??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dino,

You lucky, lucky man! Although you can get it here too but only the Japanese version - I changed my Jap PS2 for a UK one 6 months ago!

Anway, the pic of the sliding R33 used as my avatar was from the 600plus site - and it was YOU who supplied them with the picture - but then you knew that didn't you! ;)

Rich.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Looks good. I have all 3, and I hope to get this one. The thing is that they don't know whether it will be released in Europe. It might only be available in Japan:(

-Elliot

·
Registered
961 Posts
grand turismo concepet

i hope it comes out here or i am moving to japan coz
they get all the good stuff and its just not fair!

the new skyline >>>its like a corrvett and alfa romeo and i dont know whos desgning that but i wish they whernt
its ugly !!
its all modern and horrible

bettrer stop or ill be here all night complaning !

gus

:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ish, have you had yours successfully 'chipped'? If so, let us know where you did it...

(that's 'chipped' like one would chip their ECU, for an increase in performance you understand...) ;)

Rich.

·
Registered
961 Posts
ecu 4 ps2

i think the chipping of the ps2 will be the death of it

theres clever games out there that will report you over the net and wont workand muiltypul resons y not to do it!
just fork out the doug and get a jap ps2 as well

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I don't plan on getting my uk PS2 Chipped. I chipped my Playstation way back in May 1998. I did this to get Gran Turismo 1. My Playstation is working fine. Just remember to look after your PS2. I have had a Dreamcast for a year, and I have not got it chipped. I have 9 Games for it (Shenmue1,2,sonicad1,2,MSR,F355 etc...)
Even though the UK Games prices are a rip off:(

Regards
-Elliot

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quote: I think the chipping of the PS2 will be the death of it!

What like the PS1 died a death?

The playstaion1 was a doddle to chip,just 4 wires £10

My PS2 has the NEO4 chip inside,44 wires to solder to the motherboard!!!!!!£100.......

The game industry needs to produce the games at a reasonable price,and release them at the same time all over the world.

How come Ive got metal Gear solid 2!!,its not out here yet,but UK gamers want it when the Japanese have it and the US have it,Not six months behind!

GU5I 8OY:What games will report me over the net??I have yet to see these:)
All my PS2 games work Perfectly!

I have only had it 2 months and have 30 games for it!

·
Registered
211 Posts
PS1 had 9 or more different versions/revisions.
Some easy some difficult and one undoable.
Some guys ask the serial first before they name a price for chipping. :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
what i meant by it was coz technology has got quite high
when it come to games now that sertant things are now doable
like they check for things eg codes
for an egsample the playstation checks for a code when loading the disk and if it dosent find it it just wont play the game
witch is y u chip the playstation witch fools it to thinking its there when its not
alot of new games eg wipeout 3 ,toca world had a second code in it which the chip doent work on its y when you copy wipeut 3
it crashes as soon as you drive over the start line
theres ways to over come this though :D
i dont know if theres any games out there that report u but i was told the tecnology is there i just whether they use it in the games
of to day
it works by when u log on or whatever it gives a game code out its different to each disc and if it doubled in the system they know
yes if they reduse the prices more people would buy them
but the people copying would still do it coz its always cheaper
and they would proberly still make the same amount of money !

and you can get "backup" games for the dreamcast without chiping or disc swaping
and yes they should relase them all over at the same time
but think of the organising and production line for that eg ps2
was an absolut night mare and was in by the thousands but was still cort short

my side :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
GU5I,
Agree mate that disks have region codes and piracy protection,but did you know that ps2 disks have NO protection yet!
This is because sony thought they had developed a machine that couldnt be modchipped .Wrong!!

Within weeks of the first Neos and M type chips arriving sony had completely changed the circuit board of the Ps2 to try and keep ahead of the modchip developers,to no avail

After Sony were defeated again by modchip developers in Russia,they informed all the software developers to NOW include anti piracy software in their games:(.So very soon the games will be protected and require "cracking",to overcome the problem,as in the playstaton 1 games.

At the end of the day its only like borrowing a music cd from a mate and putting it onto a cassette tape,and giving him the cd backl,that is illegal!!!

Anyway i'm off to play PS2..:D

·
Registered
961 Posts
its the the disks that worry me
as soon as they develop the anti piracy on the disks
it might be all over for the chips unless u upgrade the chip each time a new ones out

they developed a a anti piracy ting for cds that once copyed it will reformat you hard drive
but mass sueing in america stopped that one:D

oh well letts wait and see what happens;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
richard my ps2 was chipped about 5 months ago and is still working perfect:)

basically you got a choice of 2 type of chips-unichip & superchip

:D

the chip i have is a neo 2.2. this downside to this chip is that you have to do a disc swap to play the games. neo 2.2 supplied & fitted inc boot/swap cd cost me £55.

the other chip is the neo 4 which does evrything ie. makes your dvd player multi region,NO need for a swap etc. this will cost you £100 supplied & fitted.

i know it sounds expensive but the ps2 has some serious protecton on it and the chips ain't wasy to solder in.

for your local chip installer see HERE

or you can also look at THIS SITE

once chipped you'll be paying £3-£5 a game :)

Ish

p.s if u need any more info just gimme a mail

1 - 20 of 24 Posts