GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Compomotives MOs are very poorly finished. The paint finish is very shoddy so make sure you see the wheels before parting with payment as Compomotives attitude is that they are a competition wheel and as such you shouldn't expect the same quality finish as a road wheel.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
How true...

[rant]I bought some split rim compomotives a few years back for my Subaru, what Shite wheels, and that was after about a 5 month wait that was supposed to be 4-6 weeks, I'd never buy anything off them ever again. Customer service is shat and the wheels were even worse imho! [/rant]

:smokin:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
NITO said:
How true...

[rant]I bought some split rim compomotives a few years back for my Subaru, what Shite wheels, and that was after about a 5 month wait that was supposed to be 4-6 weeks, I'd never buy anything off them ever again. Customer service is shat and the wheels were even worse imho! [/rant]

:smokin:
I'll give my story as well...

[my rant] Paid in full upfront for some 8x18s MOs for my EsCos and a fortnight delivery turned into 7 weeks and 3 of the five rims had 15mm by 130mm grinder marks on the inner rim [visable through the spokes if you looked carefully] as well a paint that I could have p****d on and got a better finish. After much wrangling and threatening court proceedings I got a full refund [/rant over]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
2 of mine were fine thats why I said inspect them before accepting them. My pal Bamber bought some new style 8 x 17 MOs off Martin and 3 off his 4 had the same grinder marks as my earlier MOs had and again after some wrangling Bamber got a refund.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I slid into a kerb at some silly speed with 18" MO's on my old Esc cos and all it did to the rims was scuff the paint! Seriously strong rims, but as has been said the finish aint that good.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I had a set of 5 white MO's for my Civic Type-R in 18" x 8".

I found the finish & lead time to be very good and although no where near as light as my 17" x 9.5" Advans, they were pretty light for an 18" wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts