GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Think it was around 500 sold based on something I saw a few days ago (might be on the FB page).

Hope it does all sell (not just because I have got a ticket myself). It does seem quite strange at first but it is actually a much nicer way of selling on rather than a straight private sale as you know whoever wins will be a satisfied customer!

There is potential for the owner to make more money this way but given the effort involved I couldn***8217;t begrudge that. Tickets are also discounted (i.e. 3 tickets can be bought at a lower price per ticket) so it may not be much of an increase at all.
I didn't want to proffit out of people to the extent where you felt ripped off.

Although some people make me feel like I'm asking for their first born child as entry to win the car.

I'm just covering costs and what I feel the car is worth given current prices and condition, millage, mods etc.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn't want to profit out of people to the extent where you felt ripped off.
That***8217;s the way it comes across to me, I can understand others being uneasy with the premise but like Mookistar said above you***8217;re going about it in the right way.

I reckon the tickets will sell if the word gets to enough people. I***8217;d spend £30 on a takeaway so I figured I***8217;ll save some damage to the waistline and take a shot at this instead! ***x1f606;

·
Registered
62 Posts
I will update ticket sales this Friday but should be in the 600 region or more.

my store only tells me order numbers, but each order could be 2,3,4 or 5 tickets so I have to actualy count each one, which is a massive pain in the arse.

follow the Facebook page for more constant updates it's " win a r34 gtr"

Not on FB but have purchased a ticket anyways.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Not on FB but have purchased a ticket anyways.
I will be updating the website with everyone's entry numbers too, and the winning number after the draw.
The only thing I can't do via the website is a live broadcast unfortunately.

good luck

·
Registered
923 Posts
I've not seen any of these go well. You're sailing very close to the wind with the gambling commission, they have pretty strict rules for this kind of thing.

A guy selling his M135i couldn't pull it off.

Good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've not seen any of these go well. You're sailing very close to the wind with the gambling commission, they have pretty strict rules for this kind of thing.

A guy selling his M135i couldn't pull it off.

Good luck.
On the contrary the gambling comision doesnt actualy regulate prize competitions.
There are clear guide lines you just have to stear clear of it be coming a raffle, or lottery.

The question I ask for entry needs to deter a certain percentage of people from entering too.
which is has I've got over 500 entries but had thousand's of website hits so in the event of a investigation I would be fine.

My solicitor is a gambling expert and has been in the industry for years so I've got some solid advice behind me.

I can kind of understand the 135i not working out, it's not exactly a well sort after car to be honest and still available today.

Not many people look at it as a dream car and given the opportunity I wouldn't enter to win it.

Two of these competitions have worked out and worked out well, one for a rb25 swapped s15 and another a r32 gtr which was a cat D.
I still can't understand how the guy sold 1200 tickets in 3 weeks but his advertisement costs most of been enormous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tried to use Paypal, but it failed in the end. The error message didn't tell why.

In the end bought ticket with credit card, but didn't receive any email confirmation even if the page said it would come.
So some problems with the web page or what is going on?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Tried to use Paypal, but it failed in the end. The error message didn't tell why.

In the end bought ticket with credit card, but didn't receive any email confirmation even if the page said it would come.
hi
I've had loads of paypal payments come through, but I get the odd person who it just wont work for.
I contacted paypal they didn't have a explanation.
I have to check each entry is correct and send a confirmation email, and I'm currently on my way to work so I'll get it sent later.

Thanks for the entry and good luck mate

Jack

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

just checking

what's name would your purchase come through as ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks to everyone who's bought tickets and good luck too

21 - 40 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.